× Members

Moving from ESA & PIP to State Pension & PIP

More
1 year 9 months ago #271869 by Joalan
Hello,
My wife will be changing from ESA & PIP to State Pension and PIP on the 1st of August this year, she has recieved notification that her first payment into her bank with be on 15th August 2022.

On all of the letters she receives, it states that 'any changes' should be passed along to the DWP so I enquired about this on my wife's behalf at the CAB helpline. I was told we didn't need to do anything other than watch to see if we saw that the ESA payments were still being made, we would then have 14 days to inform the DWP of this.

My wife is going through a lot of pain at the moment due to another fall and is worrying about this so much that she's not sleeping as she thinks they will feel she is commiting fraud. Could you please let us know what it is we are meant to do in these circumstances as I know my wife has contacted you in the past and very much values the information she has received over the years. Thank you in anticipation.

Joalan ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #271889 by Gary
Hi Joalan

You are not committing fraud, what usually happens when you retire, ESA will stop and PIP will carry on as normal. If the PIP claim does not contain the enhanced mobility, then you will not be able to get the enhanced mobility component.

I would advise you to speak to your local Welfare Rights Organisation to check out your entitlements; you can find your local Welfare Rights Organisation to help you with advice by clicking on the link below and putting in your post code, it will then come up with a MAP with a list of agencies. advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 9 months ago #271908 by phrank
Hi Joalan,

I reached state pension age at the beginning of the year. I am also in receipt of PIP. My ESA continued until my 66th birthday when it stopped - and was replaced by my State Pension.

I certainly don't remember any correspondence saying I should contact the DWP.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Phrank.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #271909 by Gary
Hi Joalan

You will not get your State Pension automatically - you have to claim it.

State Pension claim line Telephone: 0800 731 7898; www.gov.uk/state-pension/how-to-claim.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Gary.

More
1 year 9 months ago #271910 by phrank
Hi there,

I forgot to mention that you have to claim yout state pension, It doesn't happen automatically. You can do this online (which I did) or phone the state pension claim line.

Sorry if I misled you.

Regards,

Phrank.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #271912 by Gary
Hi phrank

beat you to it ... lol ;)

I posted you have to claim your state pension in my previous post

Gary

Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Gary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phrank

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.