× Members

Tribunal Decision

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #285067 by Gash_24
Replied by Gash_24 on topic Tribunal Decision
Hi, as always you support is much appreciated.

I have looked at the links provided in the previous post. At the moment I don’t have the head space to cope with another person. I hope in the next few days I can start to take steps towards contacting someone.
In the meantime I have received this letter dated 31/10/2023.

About your PERSONAL INDEPENDENCE PAYMENT (NEW CLAIM APPEALS) appeal

I referred the application to the duty judge who has decided to set aside the decision the tribunal made on 31/10/2022.

I enclose a copy of the decision.
The appeal will be heard by a new tribunal. I will arrange a date for the appeal hearing shortly.
Please let me know immediately if there are any dates you are unable to come to a hearing in the next three months.

The enclosed decision mentioned in the letter are what the judge allowed last year.

Whilst I kind of understand the situation. How can this be done a whole 12 months from the original decision?
Furthermore, what would you suggest I do?

Look forward to hearing from you

Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #285090 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Tribunal Decision
Hi Gash-24

By the sound of your post, you do not have to do anything, you just have to wait for your case to be re-listed.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288741 by Gash_24
Replied by Gash_24 on topic Tribunal Decision
Hi Everyone,

My new tribunal took place last week and the decision was in my favour again, I won. However, the award was different from the original hearing. The initial hearing related to descriptor, "Mobility Activities-Planning and following journeys". The focus for the more recent tribunal was on descriptors. "Daily Living- 1, 4, 5, 6, 9, 12" no mention of the descriptor previous tribunal hearing. Whilst I understand it is a totally new hearing, surely it such have some reflection on the original hearing. So my daily living component has gone from standard to enhanced and is being back dated. Would I qualify for back payments of the cost of living allowance? As I did not previously fit the criteria but with the new award it does cover this period.

It may sound like I am being ungrateful here but I'm really not. There have been so much mix up throughout this whole process I just need some reassurance and guidance that this is correct.

Your guidance would be much appreciated as to whether I accept or challenge the new decision.

Kind Regards

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288768 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Tribunal Decision
Hi Gash_24

Your question is outside the remit of this forum. According to this government paper I found, it looks as if you could, but you would need to raise this with the DWP.

researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/do...BP-9616/CBP-9616.pdf

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.