× Members

Epilepsy and PIP appeal

More
11 months 1 week ago #284730 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Epilepsy and PIP appeal
Hi Anxious Anonymous

I do not know what you mean by " loss of consciousness is remote".

There was an important decision a few years ago for claimants who suffer from epilepsy, the following web site may be able to help you pipinfo.net

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284774 by Anxious Anonymous
Replied by Anxious Anonymous on topic Epilepsy and PIP appeal
I was referring to what BIS said, to quote:

“ Now she may not have fits very often but may have a very high risk. I have a relation that has had only two (that we know of), but what happens when he has one is very serious - so it's too risky for him to shower alone, and this was a point made when applying for his PIP. Don't expect them to know. You have to tell them in detail. If you have had a look at the guide, it talks about safety, reliability and standards. Reread it (page 50) Even if your daughter uses any aids, it won't stop her from having a fit.”

Two seizures for example in one year is remote but there was serious risk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.