× Members

PIP taken from me after re assessment with physical ailment

More
1 month 4 days ago #289926 by Donagon
Hey Gordon, thanks for your response

Yes, the tribunal was adjourned so they could get this information of the WCA from the DWP, they didn’t provide the results of that WCA.
I don’t know the exact reasons I was awarded the LCWRA because I never received a list of reasons as to why. I just received the usual acceptance letter which was what I uploaded to the usual upload evidence for the PIP appeal. I will have to look at this when I get a copy when the DWP release this.

As I cannot recall, if the numbers are different in the metres, I can walk, realistically they would decline me on the mobility part right because that’s an inconsistency? If it’s the same, maybe, but there would probably be an argument there, too, as I thought this is more to do with the mobility part, then the general daily living.

I do know that I have always made it clear in these assessments, even in the different places I’m claiming for. I always say that I can’t walk further than 20 m (as I get breathless, nausea, need to take a break), and I always used the analogy of a double-decker bus as that was the example I was given when I applied for a blue badge awhile back so I always used that example. Because if you get into the nitty-gritty of how far you can walk in metres it just becomes pointless and no one really thinks about how far they walk in terms of exact measurements. It would just be either low points or more than likely zero points just on the moving around part on the mobility category. If the measurements on the work capability assessment and the PIP assessment are different, Correct?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 days ago #289956 by Gordon
D

As long as you were consistent in your descriptions of your walking distance then I think this may not be the issue that the Judge seemed to think that it might be.

The WCA does not consider distances shorter than 50m, so the danger, for PIP, is not putting your real walking distance and just ticking the 50m box.

Until the paperwork becomes available, you will receive a copy before any re-listed hearing, I would park this issue as there is nothing that you can do about it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.