× Members

PIP Review claim form completed Aug 2022 still waiting

More
1 year 4 months ago #279687 by sub
Hi. I completed and returned my PIP Review form in August 2022. which was acknowledged by text message as received. Since then I have had several texts latest one yesterday (8/05/2023) from DWP stating PIP review is still waiting to be reviewed and will be progressing as soon as possible. I contacted Citizens advise who recommended I email my MP about "poor service" from DWP and send further medical evidence since August 2022 to DWP asking them to take them into account to make an updated informed decision. I haven't yet done as advised as I am waiting to get a copy of the letter from Rheumatology when I last saw them on 2 May 2023. New medication TNF injections have been added since February 2023 to my cocktail of drugs.

I am expecting my standard daily living allowance to be enhanced and be awarded mobility once my PIP has been reviewed. I was on DLA indefinitely (got middle-rate daily living and mobility) then moved to PIP in 2019 and lost my mobility. I was too ill to fight the Mandatory review. I am hoping my PIP review dated August 2022 will show I need to be uprated.

Citizens Advice will help me with the Mandatory review form if I am not happy with the decision.

Do you think it's a good idea to follow Citizens Advice or wait for DWP to catch up?
I am 64 years old now and will be 66 in Dec 2024 (19 months) will my PIP be a light touch once it's been reviewed?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #279701 by Gary
Hi sub

I would follow Citizens Advice advice, there is a massive backlog across all DWP services, I can't see why there is such a backlog, but there is.

If your MP can push your claim along then why not give it a go, some MP's are more pro-active than others.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 3 months ago #280500 by sub
Hello Gary

Update to my post above.

I managed to get all medical records I had from 22 August 2022 when my PIP review was lodged to May 2023 and sent them to DWP and my MP on 24 May 2023 to chase up the review.

Then I got a DWP letter stating my PIP review period has been extended to 24 June 2024.

Last night 5 June 2023 at 9.15 pm I got a text message from PIP stating Independent Assessment Services are conducting PIP assessments for DWP. They have my records so they are dealing with it. They will contact me with an appointment if I need a consultation.

I will keep you posted.

Moving from DLA to PIP in 2019 I used Benefits and Work information. I did this all myself, I would have been lost without your information.

PIP review in August 2022 I used Benefits and Work information Plus the video tutorials which I found extremely helpful because I was getting lost reading the information. Again I did this all by myself.

It was only in April 2023 that a friend who used Citizens Advise for her PIP claim told me to contact them.
On Citizens Advise and confirmation from Gary I had the courage to contact my MP in May 2023.

Thank you for your support and all that you do.

Sub
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
1 year 2 months ago #282458 by sub
Hi Gary

Update to my claim.

on 13 July I had a 90-minute telephone appointment with the PIP assessor. I was asked the questions as per your list in the guides. Yes, I was asked if I can drive which I replied I can drive an automatic car. However, I was thrown off guard when I was asked "How do I feel having to do x,y,z in the manner I described". As we went through the questions and answers in my PIP review form together with the updated medical evidence to May 2023 I was beginning to realise I was actually describing how depressed I am. which upset me. It occurred to me that for the past 2 years, I have been ignoring and fighting my depression so didn't seek help. By the time we got to the mobility section, I was lost. At the end of the telephone call the assessor advised me to see my GP. I asked her if it was because I am depressed she replied 'Yes'. Last week I saw my GP and started taking antidepressants to add to my cocktail of drugs.

The upshot is today I got my DWP decision letter. I have been awarded Enhanced daily living which is terrific, but no mobility because I scored only 4 points! My award will be for 10 years. However, no mention of back-dated payments from 25 July 2022 when the award period was from. Am I entitled to get back-dated payments for a review of PIP?

My next step is to contact Citizens Advice for help with Mandatory Review. There is no way I can cope with this last hurdle in the state I am in.

Thank you so much for all your guides and video lessons, without them, I would not have got this far.

I take it I have to write to DWP telling them I want a mandatory review, and a copy of the assessor's report? Do they send me a form to complete for mandatory review?

Thank you so much.

Sub

More
1 year 2 months ago #282481 by Gordon
S

Congratulations on the award you have received, especially the ten years bit.

Who initiated the review, if it was the DWP then it is usual for a new award to start from the date of the Decision unless you provided clear evidence and testimony when you submitted your review form, my guess is that as you have been marked down, from what you expected, for Mobility this prevented a backdate.

If you are going to seek help then I would not contact the DWP until you have spoken to someone.

You can get a copy of the assessor's report by contacting the PIP Helpline, the number is on your award letter and ask for your PA4.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 2 months ago #282484 by sub
Hi Gordon

Thank you so much for your support.

What a day I have had today.

Spoke to my rheumatologist to ask if consultant is willing to write a letter about my mobility issues.

I have a face to face appointment with Citizens advice on 16 August 2023 to deal with Mandatory review which must be with DWP by 25 August 2023.

Managed to get through to DWP today as well and requested PA4 medical assessment as you advised. It took me over an hour to get through.

Not sure I can do anything else till post arrives and I see Citizens Advise.

I am whacked.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks again

Sub

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.