× Members

Awarded 8 points but refused PIP

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285225 by Greyabbey2
Awarded 8 points but refused PIP was created by Greyabbey2
Hi,
I was previously awarded PiP for a number of years due to CFS, fibromyalgia. When my review came earlier this year, it’s no better and I also have arthritis in my back, hands/feet. I was refused PIP,
But they’ve awarded me 8 points for the DLA and 4
For mobility. I only received the daily living allowance previously which was fine but I thought being given 8 points, I would get DLA again? I will need to go to tribunal next to challenge their decision.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285229 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Awarded 8 points but refused PIP
Hi Greyabbey2,
If you have been awarded 8 points for Daily Living component you shoukd get the standard level award. I suggest you double check the decision letter to make sure that 8 points is correct, and importantly added up correctly. Then I suggest you write into DWP and tell them that they have made a mistake- you scored 8 points, giving the scores for the appropriate descriptors and then ask that them that you are duly awarded standard rate.
If this doesn't work then you may need to make a complaint to pursue this.
I'm assuming that you don't want to argue for a higher level of benefit, if so you will need to write a Mandatory Reconsideration letter instead.
I don't think you need to go to the tribunal or do an MR unless you are asking for a higher amount of benefit. DWP seem to have made a mistake that needs to be rectified.

I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid