× Members

Telephone call re Interview out of the blue

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285262 by Sudal
As background I filled in an esa 50 form back in Dec 2019 for reassessment. (I am in the support group) but due to COVID I was never approached for an interview. I assume my award was automatically renewed. I simply never heard from them and was afraid to contact them.
I received a phone call today from the DWP which my husband took. I have Chronic Fatigue and Autism and find the whole benefits process extremely stressful. My husband acts as my carer for such things. It was a short call but the lady seems to be asking to conduct a telephone assessment.
There has been no warning and I haven't filled in a form since 2019. I'm in a state of panic as she wants to phone back, I think tomorrow to arrange to call in the afternoon and I have no idea what for. Is it for an assessment and do I have the right to time to prepare?
It has completely thrown me as I don't do well with having things sprung on me and I don't know how to respond or get my husband to respond when the lady phones back. I'm afraid that if I tell her I need more time that I will breach some rule and disqualify myself.
I could really do with some advice regarding what to expect. What I have a right to and basically how to handle things.
Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285274 by Gary
Hi Sudan

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

You must be given 7 days notice of the date and time of the assessment, see B&W PIP guide; benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.