× Members

esa support group to state pension

More
10 months 1 week ago #285371 by bonniedog
esa support group to state pension was created by bonniedog
hi im currently in receipt of esa support group ,attendance allowance and waiting on my pip review decision
and im told im due to lose my esa at the end of the year as i reach 66 ,and switch to state pension

can you tell me after that will i lose or keep my attendance allowance i currently receive and does my council tax relief and free nhs dental care cease with the ending of my esa payments

thanks in advance to all and any who can help me out with this

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #285374 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa support group to state pension
B

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by "Attendance Allowance"? AA is only claimable once you reach State Retirement Age and you have clearly not reached this age yet.

If you are currently receiving Income-Related ESA then free dental care will only be available if you are eligible to claim the Guarantee Credit part of Pension Credit.

If you receive the savings part of Pension Credit or have a low income and less than £16,000 in savings, you may receive a council tax discount. If you receive the guarantee credit part of Pension Credit, you may not have to pay any council tax.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bonniedog

More
10 months 1 week ago #285378 by bonniedog
Replied by bonniedog on topic esa support group to state pension
sorry Gordon ,i get confused by the names of things and am easily flustered im told i meant carers allowance

and im not sure which esa im on and im not sure how i can tell which one i receive

i dont have a private pension and will only receive the state one

i certainly dont have anywhere near 16 grand in the bank more like 160 quid on a good month

and as for pension credit i dont think ill be eligible as my wife who receives the carers allowance for me is 59
and our understanding is she has to be at retirement age for us to qualify for pension credit

so will we only qualify for the state pension and all other befits be withdrawn

thanks and dreading the answer

More
10 months 1 week ago #285417 by bonniedog
Replied by bonniedog on topic esa support group to state pension
hi Gordon and thanks for your reply

im sorry i get mixed up with the names and things

si im told its carers allowance i get paid to my wife

will this stop or continue

as for the esa i dont know which version im on income based or contribution

and as fior pension credit i dont think ill qualify as my wife is 59 and as far as i know you both need to be retirement age to qualify

so again sorry for the badly worded question and lack of information

and i hope this gives you a better idea of how to advise me

many thanks for being there for us

More
10 months 1 week ago #285437 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa support group to state pension
b

No, you will not qualify for Pension Credit if your partner is currently under State Pension age which means that you will lose the passported benefits. However, you should have a look at the NHS website to see whether you can receive them due to low income.

www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-low-income-scheme#...ying%20NHS%20wigs%29

As the Carers Allowance is in your partner's name they will continue to receive this after you reach State Retirement Age and until they reach SRA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.