× Members

ESA ASSESSMENT

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285950 by axab43
ESA ASSESSMENT was created by axab43
I have just received PIP on full grant for daily living and received the lesser amount for the mobility section. I have received this until the end of October 2027.

I am currently on the support group for ESA. I have not been assessed since 2019 and understood my next assessment was to be last March. When that did not come up, I thought it might be delayed a year but it is nearly the end of the year and I haven't received any letter about a reassessment, which would normally be here for March reassessment.

Are there massive delays in the system or is this just what someone else said on this forum that not many WCA assessments are being carried out now? I have severe mental health issues and social anxiety meaning I struggle going out anywhere. As I said, I received the same award for PIP, after recent reassessment, that I had before but for a longer period than usual.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285993 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA ASSESSMENT
Hi axab43

Yes, the DWP does have a backlog of ESA reviews - so there is no telling when you might be assessed. You could ring the DWP and ask - but there's a risk in doing that in which they think you want to be reassessed now, or you could wait until you hear. Generally people are happy to wait and see, but there are members who have rung the DWP and some have been given a date up to a year away, and some people have been told there is no date for review currently on file.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid