× Members

ESA and Pensions

More
8 months 1 week ago #286816 by Pixiegirl
ESA and Pensions was created by Pixiegirl
Hi, Possibly not an area that crops up often, but wondering if anyone can give me some advice. My husband died suddenly and unexpectedly 4 weeks ago aged 61, as you can imagine there is a lot to sort and get my head around. I get New Style contributory ESA, I also get ill health retirement pensions from previous employers (I already get deductions off my ESA for these). My son gets income related ESA (due to autism and related issues) and hasn't been able to work. My husband has numerous workplace pensions which will probably pay out partial benefits to dependents. Some pensions were in payment already to my husband, some weren't.
My questions are
1. Would the payouts to me from my husbands pensions count as pension income of mine now, his pensions didn't affect my ESA before he died? Thus reducing further the amount of ESA I would get?
2. Would payouts to my son affect the amount of ESA he gets and possibly trigger a change of circumstances and a forced move to Universal Credit?

My child tax credits have already been stopped with immediate effect and I don't qualify for transitional protection now (was within window for this having received letter previously to move over by mid February)

thank you for you time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286868 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and Pensions
P

I'm sorry but this is not an area of benefits that we deal with, try and get local advice

advicelocal.uk/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.