× Members

pip report question re evidence not included/considered on report

More
8 months 6 days ago #287091 by ALI
Hi so I got my report through today which states I should get 11 points for the standard daily living and 10 for standard mobility. I have not had a decision letter yet so I know this could change.

My questions are.

1. it doesn't state that my assessment considered 2 pieces of evidence (it lists all the others) – my weekly diaries and my husband’s support letter. These were only sent in (electronically) the week of my assessment, So have other people got these type of things included on there evidence list ? as not sure if they didn’t include them as didn’t think was relevant or if they just didn’t realise I had sent them.

2. if they should have been included - can I ring I get them included before the final decision has been sent (even tho reports been done from my assessment) or will I need to wait and do a MR

As They haven’t awarded me anything for areas I need prompting – this is a huge area for me – I need prompting to take my medication- I always forget this or get it mixed up. I need prompting to eat, dress, shower due to my PTSD , fibro, anxiety. They even state they haven’t given this to me as I didn’t mention any pacing techniques – even Tho this is all clearly stated in my application – she just didn’t ask me about this at the assessment. I even need regular prompting to pace myself! Re fibro -

3. Should I do a MR even if I get all the standard rates to look at this as I should get the enhanced rate if they took this into consideration. It looks like on the report they have said review in 2 years so that’s a long time to wait.

3, question if you go for MR – do you then have to wait longer for payment – or do they pay the standard rate while reviewing info or do you get nothing till its all done
Thanks for reading – hope it all makes sense

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 6 days ago #287103 by BIS
Hi Ali

1. It's rare that they list all the evidence people send in, and it is common for them to leave off items such as the ones you mention, which are personal and not from medical professionals. Whether or not they read them, I cannot say.

2. Whether they are listed is not actually the issue because, ultimately, someone could list the missing documents and score you in exactly the same way.

If you think there are places that you should have scored more highly - then you need to say why you disagree with the assessor, say what you should have scored and point to your evidence. Obviously, you will challenge them on the 'prompting issues'. The fact that you didn't mention pacing is a complete red herring in my view, especially if she didn't ask you about it - lots of people with Fibro wouldn't talk about it - what are they trying to imply?

3. Only you can decide whether to put in for an MR.

4. Once you have received the decision letter - they will pay you that amount stated regardless of whether you put in for an MR

You don't have to wait for the decision letter. You can write to the decision maker now and challenge the report - but you will have to do it quickly. Concentrate on the issues that will make a difference to what you score - e.g., prompting issues, not the list of documents. Say in your letter that you are asking them to consider your letter before they make a decision, and you reserve the right to put in for an MR if necessary. Address it to "The Decision Maker' and send it to the address on your last letter about your claim from the DWP.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ALI

More
8 months 2 days ago #287214 by ALI
Thank you for you reply I will get something done today - also I am not sure if this makes any difference but they have put my primary condition as my PTSD - but on my application I put this as my Fibromyalgia - does this make any difference - should I address this or does it not really matter

More
8 months 1 day ago #287228 by BIS
Hi ALI

You can mention if you want, but even if they swap it - it doesn't make a difference to what you will score. Always focus on the areas where you need to fight the points you have been awarded and then add anything else into a final paragraph. You don't want them to be distracted by areas that are annoying and hurtful to you but mean nothing to them.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.