× Members

PIP Moving to ADP

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287456 by Mags84
PIP Moving to ADP was created by Mags84
Hi my husband has PIP but we live in Scotland. He has a new illness but i am not sure who i report it to. He has not been transferred over to ADP yet.
Has anyone had same problem just looking for a little bit of advice
Thanks
Margaret

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287463 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Moving to ADP
M

A new illness does not always mean that your husband would receive a higher award, have you looked at our PIP Claim guide to see whether this is likely or not? If you think a higher award is reasonable then you should consider reporting the Change.

Whilst I cannot tell you that you should not contact the DWP, they are not usually bothered if they do not hear about a deterioration.

If you report a change then it will trigger a migration to Scotland's Adult Disability Payment benefit. A new form similar to the PIP2 and an assessment of some kind.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287776 by lauren
Replied by lauren on topic PIP Moving to ADP
Hi, from my experience it will definitely cause a migration to ADP from PIP if you report a change of circumstance.

I was passed over early 2023, after reporting a change. I filled in my change of circumstances form when it finally arrived in September of 2023 ( in the end I had had to ring to request one). I posted it back soon after and it is now Feb 24 - almost a year since I reported a change . I rang a few days ago and my form is still in a queue..

Apparently there is a huge back log due to Scottish Social Services keeping ADP assessments in house , plus planned migration of Scottish people from PIP to ADP. They are also facing a larger than expected number of people applying for ADP for the first time.

If the change in your circumstances means you are eligible for a higher payment I would definitely trigger the migration but be prepared for a long wait.

If your change in circumstances wouldn't mean you would receive a change in payments (higher or lower). I would wait until you are transferred over to ADP from PIP which should be any time soon. You are passed over at the same rate you already receive but will receive a review form at some point so that they can check you are receiving the right amount.

Hope this helps
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prudent, Gary

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287779 by adam33
Replied by adam33 on topic PIP Moving to ADP
is there some rule about them having to award it if they take too long? I should probably move to scotland ;)

More
2 months 1 week ago #287800 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Moving to ADP
a

No, there is no such rule.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 1 week ago #287825 by adam33
Replied by adam33 on topic PIP Moving to ADP
I read something that sounded a bit like that the other day, if I come across it again I'll post it, might have been in relation to appeals or mr

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.