× Members

Disabling your camera during a PIP Video Assessment

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287653 by AtlasShoulders
As I live with ME/CFS and Anxiety, the thought of possibly having to do a video assessment where I am required to be on display, sat upright in a well-lit room for over an hour really worried me. I couldn't find any DWP or HCP advice on whether I would be allowed to disable my camera or be in a darkened room without this affecting the assessment.

However, I have today received a response from the DWP to a FOI request (www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/use_of_ca...vid#incoming-2547276) and they have confirmed the following:

"Claimants joining a video assessment have the option to disable their camera at any point
during the assessment, and they would then be informed that the assessment will continue
as a telephone assessment."

Obviously, in the first instance, you should request the Assessment Provider (Capita/IAS) to change the assessment type from Video to Telephone. For the most part, they will agree to this. However, if they do refuse for some reason, this response confirms you would be within your rights to disable or cover your camera.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox, planet48#, organic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287664 by BIS
Hi AtlasShoulders

Thanks for passing on that information. That is useful to know.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.