× Members

PIP Activity 5, Toilet

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287696 by denby
PIP Activity 5, Toilet was created by denby
Please any idea what I should score? My condition means it takes me well more than twice as long as for a normal person to use the toilet, multiple times a day, due to the necessity of managing my prolapse every time and cleaning myself. The assessor. acknowledged I said this but says I can physically do it so the excessive time is "not supported". But should I score more than the 2 points for aids given for raised toilet and toilet frame because of the over-double time?
It seems the whole way the Descriptor level chart is worded is designed to exclude the issue of 'reasonable time' on this and other descriptors!
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287704 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Activity 5, Toilet
denby

The "reliability" Regulations were added after the main Descriptors were published which is why they appear not to fit, however, they apply to all Activities and Descriptors so your assessor's statement was incorrect.

That said, without additional issues, it is difficult to see how you would score higher, even with the reliability criteria applied the starting point is always the requirement of the Descriptor.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.