× Members

PIP, Autism, too high functioning

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287701 by denby
PIP, Autism, too high functioning was created by denby
Should demand avoidant putting off making appointments and ordering/collecting repeat medication count as 'needs prompting' on Activity 3, 'monitoring health condition,' please? Because I have the privilege and luck to be well educated I feel the true challenges that I do have are being ignored and downplayed. Tips please, thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287708 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP, Autism, too high functioning
denby

As soon as you mention medication you are limited to 3b and one point. This point can only be of assistance for an award if you also score three points for being unable to get in or our out of a bath or shower.

As to making appointments, the therapy needs to be done in the home to score. Is this the case?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287723 by PatGPT
Replied by PatGPT on topic PIP, Autism, too high functioning
Autistic people are entitled to be educated. It's a human right.

The term high functioning in regards to autism can be quite misleading.

It's not a term used by medical professionals, or at least shouldn't be. It's never been included in any major classification or diagnostic guidelines for psychiatric conditions.

Basically like with the rest of society, some autistic people are more intelligent than others. But some of us have unique abilities (like very good memory) that single us out.

It does come at a massive cost though obviously. So the idea that it should somehow mean you're denied disability benefits is ridiculous.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.