× Members

Dwp reverse PIP decision before tribunal date!

More
2 months 1 week ago #287901 by Filey
Hi all . I thought I would post an update on my Sons ongoing pip tribunal. My Son has autism, works full time and lives in shared accommodation. He was awarded dla indefinite but that stopped when pip was introduced. He failed pip assessment in 2017 and pip stopped. After a tribunal, we won and pip was reinstated. Then after another pip review in 2023, my Son lost the pip award again in April 2023. I prepared another tribunal which I submitted over 6 months late but with very very good reasons for being late. This week we had a visit from a Dwp home visitor who was sent from Dwp Pip department to check on my status as being appointee for my Son. I have already posted about this and I must say that this visit was the total opposite of what I was expecting. The man and woman who came were absolutely lovely and genuine and extremely helpful. I won't post what I actually want to say what the home visitor said to me, as I'm not sure what " eyes " are on this site , if you get my meaning! I had a phone call today from Dwp pip with the news that they are awarding my Son his Pip again! Whoooop whoooop. And this time it is for 5 years! She said she had been looking at the appeal and noticed the 2017 tribunal awarded the points back after Dwp awarded none. And she said that they know autism is not something that is going to go away, which is what i have repeatedly told them over one over again over the years. She also said that he is a young man now but over time he may well be able to manage his autism , hence a review in the future but I will tackle that when that time comes! When I recieved the intial phone call about the home visit , a little tiny bitof me thought, I wonder if they are going to reverse their decision but I quickly put that out my mind and then spent the time worrying ! I also posted on here with my worries about the pending home visit. Then after the home visit again, I thought maybe they will ring me with a reversed decision and my reasoning was if they are going to fight me then why does it matter about me being appointee at this stage. But again, I put it out my head and thought the worse instead. Then the phone call came today. I am so so relieved and so happy and so is my Son but with his autism he does not always show this! To everyone out there when you think Dwp are wrong in their decision, please, please fight it every step of the way. Even if you don't win, you have nothing to lose. Don't lose heart or become down trodden , keep fighting every step of the way. I very nearly myself gave up on this appeal due to the horrible last year I have had but my determination and love for my Son wouldn't let me so to all of you , fight every step of the way. Also, the guides on this site are worth their weight in gold. I have learnt a lot from this site but not just with the guides but from other people's stories too and the comments other people make and the comments the mods make. I have written endless notes down from reading other people's stories and the comments. So a heartfelt thank you and huge applause for this site and all who run it. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Onto my last point, on this recent appeal I mentioned briefly about my Son not being able to manage money very well and I went into more detail about his cooking skills and lack of eating , I did this as it was a truthful account of his daily life, I didn't do it for extra points. The Dwp today said that they cannot award me any points for these things but I didn't expect them to anyway, even if we had won the tribunal. So to all of you, mention every single thing that affects you and your daily life and keep on fighting this sometimes unfair system. After the Dwp home visit , this has restored a tiny bit of faith in Dwp, only a tiny bit though! And same with the telephone call today. The woman was quite nice and pleasant! Thank you again to everyone on this site who have helped me and commented on my posts and especially the mods.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #287910 by Gary
Hi Filey

That is really terrific news, well done and congratulations. I am tagging my reply so that the back office also get to read your encouraging post.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @REVIEW award changed by DWP review

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 1 week ago #287919 by denby
Thank you so much for your really inspiring words of encouragement Filey. Congratulations! Btw I didn't even know DWP did home visits. So we really do learn something new every day from B&W.
My post office clerk, it emerged as I posted my MR, had just started on hers son's, as his long PIP award had just been zeroed at review, despite no change in his conditions therefore his difficulties. No prizes for guessing what I told her about!

More
2 months 1 week ago #287924 by Donna2512
Replied by Donna2512 on topic Dwp reverse PIP decision before tribunal date!
Oh well done Filey,my heart went out to you after my son also had lifetime DLA and then nothing on transfer to PIP. Thankfully we only needed the one Tribunal (so far at least)

More
2 months 1 week ago #287927 by Filey
Thank you very much. From when I submitted the appeal to now, its been 9 weeks so that was done very quick and from the Dwp home visit to the phone call yesterday, its been 2 days! I cannot state enough for people to keep fighting! Thanks again to everyone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Anji

More
2 months 1 week ago #287928 by an ex nurse
Replied by an ex nurse on topic Dwp reverse PIP decision before tribunal date!
Hi Filey, your son is lucky to have you in his corner. All good wishes for the future.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.