× Members

Reporting a change for ESA - can this trigger a review?

More
2 months 5 days ago #288141 by annie3
Good morning,
I receive contribution-based ESA (Support Group) and highest rate PIP for care and mobility.

I'm 61 and have a private pension plan which was set up before I became ill. Payments were continued under a waiver of premium benefit. I haven't drawn on this pension yet but recently learned that I could use it to buy an annuity which would pay out around £46 pw. I understand that this amount would not affect the amount of ESA payable but that I must nevertheless report it to DWP.

My question: Could reporting the annuity to DWP trigger a review of my ESA? I have ME and Generalised Anxiety disorder, and also had a very bad bereavement recently. I can't face the possibility of a review at the moment. Deferring the annuity for a while would be an option.

Also, if my ESA was reviewed, might this also trigger a review of my PIP?

I think that my ESA was last reviewed in 2013. Latest PIP review was 2021-3.

Thank you very much for any comments.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Tracey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 5 days ago #288154 by BIS
Hi Annie3

Reporting a change of money you have coming in should not trigger a review. If your ESA was reviewed it would not automatically trigger a PIP review.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: annie3, KABTT , Tracey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.