× Members

Can DWP contact your place of work

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288364 by pyperb
Can DWP contact your place of work was created by pyperb
HI,

Can DWP contact your place of work to verify working hours, job title etc

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288396 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Can DWP contact your place of work
Hi pyperb

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

I cannot see why DWP would contact your place of work to verify working hours and job title, they are informed by HMRC as to your earnings each month. As to job title, what is in a name, such as sanitation worker (binman).

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288401 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Can DWP contact your place of work
Or transparent wall engineer - a window cleaner :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288407 by pyperb
Replied by pyperb on topic Can DWP contact your place of work
Thank You

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288428 by Wendy Woo
Replied by Wendy Woo on topic Can DWP contact your place of work
Hello,

I'm not convinced the DWP would not contact your place of work - after all, they have all the details to enable them to do so. At my son's PIP assessment in September, we told the assessor that my son's employer had not made any particular adjustments for his disability (which counted against him in the assessment), but soon afterwards, at around the time we received the decision notice in November, his employer informed him he was taking advice from a "neuro-divergency consultant" regarding reasonable adjustments to help him at work. (My son is autistic.) So far, this has taken the form of a couple of lengthy meetings with my son, who isn't very happy about having his working day disrupted by this person, but I can't help feeling the timing might be more than a coincidence, as he has worked for the same employer for more than three years and nothing was said about this prior to the assessment. Hope I'm just over-thinking it all!

Best wishes,

Wendy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.