× Members

No one to look after me

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288525 by Pip
No one to look after me. was created by Pip
Ok, I need some help…

My mum and carer just died,

My mum has a house that 2 children will own.

But my benefits confuse me, I’d be no better off if I lost my benefits.

I’m in a wheelchair to go longer distances as can walk far.

So the money will just top up my total amount.

I was struggling to pay for bills and food as well as care.

I’m on ESA income related with a contribution over lap.
Disability/premium
Housing benefit
Pip highest both

My mother was above pension age and had a disability although I don’t think she registered it as a disability.

Please help…

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288539 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic No one to look after me.
Pip

Your situation is too complicated for us to provide specific answers on the forum, you need to get local advice from a trained advisor. See

advicelocal.uk/

A lot will depend on what happens with the house, you live in it, you keep it but don't live in it. or you sell it?

Your Contribution ESA should be safe whatever you do but some of the possible scenarios would see you lose the Income Related ESA, Premium and Housing Benefit.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288702 by Pip
Replied by Pip on topic No one to look after me.
Thank you for your help.

Has anyone else got some advice or been in the same situation (or similar).

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288730 by Gordon
P

If you still need advice then go and see a Welfare Rights officer at your local advice centre

I've already explained that your situation is too complicated for anybody on the forum to offer more detailed advice.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288738 by Pip
Replied by Pip on topic No one to look after me.
I read your advice, thank you anyway.

I didn’t spend £20 joining the forum to be told it’s complicated, or to get a contact I already had.

If you gave good advice to everyone you could have a great site, sorry for ranting.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288754 by Gordon
P

I'm sorry you don't like the advice you have been given but we can't provide answers for everything and just so you are aware, your subscription pays for your access to the guides and other documents on the site, the forum is not included in this fee and is manned by volunteers who give their time to help others struggling with their benefits.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Sheila 966, Andrew, Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.