× Members

Asking for the assessment to be recorded?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288723 by Blueberry Owl
Asking for the assessment to be recorded? was created by Blueberry Owl
Just wondering what people’s experiences are of asking for the assessment to be recorded.

I’m going to ask for it this time as I didn’t really know about this before.

I would have thought all assessments would be recorded in some way for reasons of accuracy and so called ‘training and monitoring’ reasons.

But it made me wonder if assessments are better for clients if the assessor is having to be recorded also?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288735 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Asking for the assessment to be recorded?
B

Hopefully, other members will offer their thoughts.

My experience after more than ten years on the forum, one of our members had the first recorded ESA assessment, is that it matters very little as to how an assessor will handle the interview. The good ones and these do exist, will do a good job and the bad ones will continue not to.

That said, a recording can be important if you have to request an MR or go to appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C, Blueberry Owl

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288740 by The Dog Mother
Replied by The Dog Mother on topic Asking for the assessment to be recorded?
I had a first recorded assessment for pip in 2022. Never did it before for pip or esa.
I corrected her (HP) on several things, and she still repeated her take on it.
So regardless of it being recorded the inaccuracies, nonsense. And blatant 'Fibs' where there for all to hear. I also recoded it on an old phone at same time. She sent us a link to download the assessment and it was void.I've heard this has happened many times. So my sister in law had to call them for a CD copy.
Upshot: Turned down again for pip after two tribunal wins previously, but got it back this time at MR.
So though it's better imo to have it recorded ,be aware of things going wrong and record it yourself also.
They don't care that they are being recorded they still don't treat us fairly. I told her I don't use the phone,I've no home phone either, that the one I was using was my sister in laws. She said 'Well your talking to me now'.
Where is the logic... I see none. I could have said so many things in answer to that ,but under the circumstances they know your back into a corner.
She was a very junior nurse and couldn't have given a fig.
Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blueberry Owl

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288742 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Asking for the assessment to be recorded?
We've had a recorded one where the assessor still produced a PA4 full of lies [despite having a job background that actually seemed relevant to some of the claimant's conditions!]. But at least we could prove it!
But the very fact that some assessors refuse to even be recorded means, I feel, that you are eliminating the very worst ones. Never have an assessment without a recording even if you have to endure extra delay, it's not worth the risk, and always do your own too.
Denby

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288747 by Ms.Basset
Replied by Ms.Basset on topic Asking for the assessment to be recorded?
i have not asked to do so, but i do record mine now.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288748 by Sheila 966
Replied by Sheila 966 on topic Asking for the assessment to be recorded?
100% agree with Gordons comments.
Competent assessors will always be competent and those that are negligent in there processes always will be - despite being recorded.

I should think that it is everyone's best interest to secure a recording - whatever the outcome.

Bottom line is: how can so many Tribunals be won if the assessors are all competent?

Good Luck Blueberry Owl, keeping fingers crossed for you and others :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Blueberry Owl

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.