× Members

NHS/GOV Monitoring Disabled Footsteps

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288808 by Wezzerm77
NHS/GOV Monitoring Disabled Footsteps was created by Wezzerm77
Is anybody else VERY concerned at the news this morning (on good morning britain this morning every half an hour ) where the gov have announced the 1.3 billion £ will be given to GP’s to monitor the footsteps of disabled people using the NHS health app in order to get more people back to work?

I saw this coming after owning an apple watch and seeing it measures footsteps, movement, climbing stairs and giving a speed for those activities, golden information dwp coukd use to make ‘wrong’ decisions on.

My rheumatology nurse said earlier that it is would be too difficult to monitor but i said theyd employ teams of people to monitor the information.

Just interested in hearing others views. If you want to see/hear this news, head over to itvx to watch gmb on catchup, it was on every 30 minutes and was TOP news
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288813 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic NHS/GOV Monitoring Disabled Footsteps
W

The ITVX version of GMB does not appear to have the news headlines included, I've searched the ITV and BBC news sites and done several internet searches and can find no reference to this story anywhere.

There is a story from the end of last month talking about how £1.3bn could fund 10 weeks of GP appointments, that's as close as I got.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288815 by Dalglish60
Replied by Dalglish60 on topic NHS/GOV Monitoring Disabled Footsteps
Gordon

I saw it on the front page of the Times newspaper yesterday
www.tomorrowspapers.co.uk/ below the daily mirror. don't read the times never have never will !!!!

d60

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288817 by Mr B
Replied by Mr B on topic NHS/GOV Monitoring Disabled Footsteps
Hi Wezzerm77

I've just done a very quick Google search and found the following article (there may well be better ones), please click

www.lbc.co.uk/news/nhs-app-will-monitor-patients-step-counts/

Am I concerned? No not at all! I do not use the NHS app and have no plans to do so. NHS patients cannot be compelled to use this app or indeed any other app for that matter. Problem solved - or rather non-problem solved as to me there are plenty of things for people to be concerned - or even "very concerned" about - but I can't see how this can be one of them unless it's someone who's "frightened of their own shadow!"

Kind regards

Mr B
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, UB40 Rumrunner, The Dog Mother

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288843 by The Dog Mother
Replied by The Dog Mother on topic NHS/GOV Monitoring Disabled Footsteps
Not being flippant, but are they going to measure how many turns of the wheels it takes a wheelchair user to get from A-B. How fast their hands move doing so.
Or microchip us. (Better not give any ideas)
Soon we won't be allowed to comb our hair, scratch our nose or indeed breathe.
It's getting to a point I'd believe anything of them.
Further to this, It's hard to get a GP appointment never mind wasting their time tracking their patients whom they've sworn the Hippocratic oath to do no harm to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, VIA, UB40 Rumrunner

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288891 by haz
Replied by haz on topic NHS/GOV Monitoring Disabled Footsteps
Will it note how long you take to do things,
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, UB40 Rumrunner

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.