× Members

NHS/GOV Monitoring Disabled Footsteps

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288908 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic NHS/GOV Monitoring Disabled Footsteps
Hi Haz

Nobody knows.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288913 by lesley
Replied by lesley on topic NHS/GOV Monitoring Disabled Footsteps
I do not even own a smart phone, no smart meter, no smart anything.
Let them get on with it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: UB40 Rumrunner

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288919 by lesley
Replied by lesley on topic NHS/GOV Monitoring Disabled Footsteps
It must be true....coz I read it in the Daily Mail, the good old Daily Mail.

More
1 month 1 week ago #288978 by VIA
Replied by VIA on topic NHS/GOV Monitoring Disabled Footsteps
Good morning,

Personally in my mind despite not being worried, I am aware that every time I walk to and in a hospital, GP surgery, or that I am being seen by a medical practitioner or even a medical member of staff that is sub contracted by the government that I may be filmed or may have my steps counted.

I mentioned on this forum in one of my posts a few weeks ago that about 10 years ago I was being seen by the pain management team and in the NHS hospital, ( I had been referred there by the pain management doctor) what seemed to be a nurse maybe approached me where I was seated and said she wanted me to walk a certain length and that she would time me.
I knew it was a trap and refused because this is one of the criteria to get our benefits.
She kept insisting and I kept refusing.
I did not comply.
She said I had to. I said it was my body and I did not have to., that I was too unwell and that I had to have an electrocardiogram a bit later on which had been booked closed to my appointment with them previously and even then she insisted but I ignored her. I remember another member of staff approaching and telling her to leave it.
Regardless they can keep insisting I can keep refusing. What are they going to do, nothing.
I could also see other people that were walking and being timed.
I know it may be hard to believe me, but because it happened to me all these last years I have been aware that in the background they may observe how we walk and maybe count our steps, I believe it without a doubt.

On the rare occasions I go to my GP I go at my space, the GP or MSK physiotherapist will be many meters ahead of me and will turn and look at me and look at the way I walk and my speed. Believe they have no option as I walk very slowly.

You may not know and I did not know till maybe about 3 years ago that when I asked my new GP surgery for all my medical records which I got free of charge, that I could see internal communications and comments about me and the way I walk. Everything is noted and could see the MSK physiotherapist commenting on the way I walked.

Also when I got the pain management doctor letter whose top part looked like a cv as I had reluctantly answered her questions about if I was working, what languages I spoke, the top letter of that pain management letter to help with my pain and prescribe ways of coping with pain along with painkillers, well the top part of that letter was a bit like a cv.
This is not normal and I believe that pain management doctor had been briefed higher up to try and get us back to work, same with other members of medical staff.

I also had only recently an issue with an MSK physiotherapist asking me questions one would expect the Job centre, ESA or PIP assessor, as mentioned in my post a few weeks ago.

So thank you Wezzerm77 for your post as I can relate.

Best wishes to all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Dog Mother

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.