× Members

PIP & WAR PENSION

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288812 by Stuart9390
PIP & WAR PENSION was created by Stuart9390
Hi,
I am currently in receipt of a war pension at 60%. I am also in receipt of PIP lower rate for daily living and mobility. I’ve been signed off work for the last 3 months due to my war pension issues and will be ceasing work. Does anybody know if I can get PIP, War pension and unemployability supplement at the same time. I have read that this is not possible if claiming Armed Forces Compensation Scheme but can find nothing on War Pension.

Any advise much appreciated

Stuart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288834 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP & WAR PENSION
Hi Stuart,

Not sure if this will provide you with an answer but it's on the government website, so I'd expect it to at leats be able to guide you towards the correct place in answering your query.

www.gov.uk/guidance/war-pension-scheme-wps

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stuart9390

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288835 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP & WAR PENSION

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stuart9390

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288840 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic PIP & WAR PENSION
Hi Stuart,

As a War Pensioner myself, I`m aware there are overlapping benefits, which is the search term I used for your query.

Part 8 of "War Pensions Unemployability Supplement Claim Form" (link below) lists benefits that DWP will not pay whilst claiming Unemployability Supplement (US); PIP is not mentioned. This implies that you should be able to claim PIP, War Pension and Unemployability Supplement at the same time.

I`m in receipt of a War Pension (70%), Medical Pension, PIP higher for both and Allowance for Lowered Standard of Occupation (which cannot be claimed at the same time as Unemployability Supplement). I initially shared your concerns about the benefits I receive because, as you say, there is very little out there (or if it`s out there, it`s very well hidden).

Have you tried calling The Veterans Agency? I`ve phoned a few times of late, it didn`t take too long to get through and I spoke to polite and very helpful people.

My apologies if you`re already aware of everything I have just mentioned, but I thought "just in case".......

Andy

Unemployability Supplement application form (read part 8)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stuart9390, Gary, LL26

More
1 month 1 week ago #289232 by R D Caligari
Replied by R D Caligari on topic PIP & WAR PENSION
Quick answer is yes, I get PIP, War pension, Unemployability Supplement. PIP mobility component and War pension mobility supplement are overlapping so you can only claim one or the other depending on circumstances. One other point is that if you are claiming Universal Credit, they do not take your Unemployability Supplement medical into account so you still would need to attend a Work Capability Assessment (there are numerous campaigns to try to rectify this but so far the gov and DWP are not listening). This is a major issue now as more and more people are being moved from legacy benefits to UC so in theory if the DWP say your fit for work you could then lose your Unemployability Supplement if the Veterans Agency see it as a change of circumstances.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LL26

More
1 month 4 days ago #289393 by David
Replied by David on topic PIP & WAR PENSION
Yes, you can claim PIP, WP and Unsupp as there is no overlap with PIP. I am on 60%, with WPMS, and I get PIP at lower rate for daily living AND the standard rate for mobility (I checked this seeming anomaly - all legit).

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.