× Members

Please help!

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288955 by ClaireBB
Please help! was created by ClaireBB
Having a nightmare. Mum phoned PIP to let them know her mobility had worsened and she wanted to update them of this change. They have sent a AWARD REVIEW form. We had been advised that we could write "NO CHANGE" on the answers, but now, seeing responses on here, I am worried if I do this, she will lose her reward - SHOULD WE COMPLETE THIS FORM AS THOUGH IT IS A BRAND NEW CLAIM/REASSESSMENT?

Also, the review form is due in 5 days - did I read that we can request a 14 day extension?

if I need a new form, is there a place I can download this online (review form specifically)

thank you x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #288960 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Please help!
Hi ClaireBB,
Panic not! Help is on hand! I always advise to write eg 'I still need help to prepare and cook food because I lose grip with my hands....'etc.
You can write 'no changes but I would always add the because bit. If you have made a mess of the form. Cross it out neatly, and then use a clean piece of paper headed eg question 2 and write the correct answer on the paper. Make sure you put name and NI number on all extra pages and staple them on. (I know DWP don't really like staples but I always use these to keep pages together.)
Staple the extra pages at the back of the form. Then, and most importantly put a large note by the printed question saying 'see additional information extra page1' as appropriate.
You can certainly phone for an extension if you need to. I have never asked for a new form, but I suspect you could get one if you ask.
Make sure that you are absolutely clear why/how your Mother's health has deteriorated.
What has happened? Why can't she walk as far, or why (if she is having more difficulties with planning/following journeys) has her mental health become worse. Is it just mobility, or has there been a knock on effect for all PIP activities.
Be consistent over the form, even though you may not get points mention this for all relevant activities. Have a(nother) look at the B&W guides to make absolutely sure.
Think about safety, repetition, time taken and acceptable standard which may not be achieved with significant levels if pain, breathlessness, fatigue etc.
I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by LL26.
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288970 by den1mon
Replied by den1mon on topic Please help!
Please do not write 'no change' because you are reporting a change in worsening mobility.
Treat it as a completely new claim and include some real life examples of what difficulties your mum is now experiences and how this effects her worsened condition.
Make sure you read and understand the guidelines on this forum regarding pip criteria and the way claimants are assessed as having met 'safely' 'reliably' and 'in a timely manner'.
You must stress how your mum's condition affects her inilibity to function to meet the required pip criteria.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.