× Members

Questions re PIP telephone assessment

More
1 month 1 week ago #289084 by kerriegray.KC
Questions re PIP telephone assessment was created by kerriegray.KC
Hi,
I’ve got a couple of question regarding a PIP telephone assessment.The first is does anyone know how Ivcan record the telephone call? The second is is there anything I need to do to prepare?
Tganks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289086 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Questions re PIP telephone assessment
Hi kerriegray.KC

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

You can legally record a telephone call without informing the other party providing the recording is being made for your personal use. In fact, do not tell the assessor that they are being recorded as they will likely terminate the assessment.

If you are using a smartphone then there are apps that will do this for you.

If you are using a landline and can put the call on speakerphone then you can record it using either a smartphone or some other recording device,

If it's a landline but you cannot put it on speakerphone then you will need a special microphone that attaches to the earpiece.

Members on the forum will give you their experience.

As to preparing for the assessment;

If you have a look at our PIP guide at the link below you will see that there are a number of pages which include advice on telephone assessments. Yes, a lot of the questions are those that would have been asked if you had a face to face assessment.
benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

- Write yourself a bullet point list of any particular points you want to get over, so you have it by you during the assessment, tick them as you cover them during the assessment.
- have paper and pens to hand to make any notes such as the assessors name, date, time
- Record the assessment surreptitiously. (Never trust that there won't be a problem with their equipment!)
- make sure you are seated in a comfortable chair, you are going to be there a while and at table to make notes
- if you can't hear or understand what is being asked then ask them to repeat the question
- don’t let the assessor rush you and get you flustered.
- don't forget to have a glass of water if needed so you don't get a dry throat and lose your voice!

Don't forget to contact DWP 48 hours after the assessment and ask for a copy of the assessors report called PA4.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 1 week ago #289094 by kerriegray.KC
Replied by kerriegray.KC on topic Questions re PIP telephone assessment
Hi Gary,
Thank you.
My appointment was 9.00 am this morning. I got a telephone call at 9.40 am to tell me my assessment t would be delayed by 2-3 hours. I asked for another appointment date as I have an appointment at 12.00. I have received a text message with the new date and time.
Will I be penalised for this?
Thank you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.