× Members

Dressing and undressing

More
1 month 5 days ago #289357 by windge
Dressing and undressing was created by windge
Hello
Could anyone cast any light on the descriptors for dressing etc.

Been awarded 2 points for needing assistance to dress lower body.

On the narrative, it says that I could use an aid for upper body.

Does this then mean that I only score the 2 points for the lower body even though I need aids for upper?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 5 days ago #289368 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Dressing and undressing
Hi windge,
If you need to use an aid, in order to dress any part of the body, this is worth 2 points.
Needing a person to help you dress lower body is also worth 2 points. If you need a person to help dress your upper body this will give 4 points.
Assuming that DWP are right, then your maximum score is 2 points. (And it doesn't really matter whether its under 6b or 6d.)
However, if you actually do need a person to assist with upper body clothing, then you should score 4pts 6e. This is because Regulation 7 PIP Regs 2013 mandates that the higher value points score should be awarded when 2 or more activities in the same descriptor set apply equally.
I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: anees292

More
1 month 4 days ago #289389 by windge
Replied by windge on topic Dressing and undressing
Thank you! I did think that was the case but have not been awarded that. Coming to the end of this award and going onto review but would seem that I should have had high rate care for the current award.
Any idea how to go about challenging this?
Thank you

More
1 month 4 days ago #289390 by windge
Replied by windge on topic Dressing and undressing
Sorry LL26. Another query.
Can there be 2 descriptors ticked in the same section?

Can I send you an image of the actual part of the decision?

Thank you

More
1 month 4 days ago #289406 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Dressing and undressing
Hi Windge

Absolute time limit to appeal an award is 13 months from the decision date.

I would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk , they will be able to take all your information into consideration when giving you advice.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 4 days ago #289407 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Dressing and undressing
Hi windge

Usuall there is only one descriptor ticked but as LL26 has pointed out in their post; Regulation 7 PIP Regs 2013 mandates that the higher value points score should be awarded when 2 or more activities in the same descriptor set apply equally.

Unfortunately the software on this platform does not allow images to be sent in.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.