× Members

Could you point me to recommended guidance for applying for Homemove council acc

More
4 weeks 13 hours ago #290157 by James77
Hi I just wondered if you had any recommended guides for applying for the council housing register website called Homemove, if you suffer from disabilities. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 3 hours ago #290174 by BIS
Hi James77

I'm really sorry your question is outside the remit of this forum and it's not something I have any knowledge of. I did google it and see that a lot of councils have information on the scheme in their areas - so that's where I would start. Perhaps one of our members may be able to recommend something to you.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 weeks 19 minutes ago #290187 by ivyfox
As BIS says, do have a look on your local Council website initially.

I started the process during the pandemic and there were long delays, which I hope you will be spared.

On the advice of a physiotherapist I contacted (who used to be a Community Physiotherapist), I emailed the Adult Safeguarding Team at the Council for an assessment with a view to having aids (handrails, bath seat, etc) installed to my privately-rented home.

The assessor who inspected my home arranged for the aids to be installed and also wrote a report, recommending me to the Council's 'Home Choice' scheme (there are no Council houses remaining in this area, it's all Housing Associations). I applied to the scheme but it took a long time (11 months) for me to be accepted on to the waiting list.

I try to remember to check the website regularly - property details only appear for 4 days at a time. It's all down to luck whether a suitable property will become vacant: so far, they've mostly been upper floor flats with no lift.

Good luck :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.