× Members

UC113 form left blank by GP

More
1 week 4 days ago #290669 by Berty981
UC113 form left blank by GP was created by Berty981
Hi

I've recently been forced into a work capability assessment after migrating to Universal credit. I have MS which affects my mobility and cognitive functions. I also have degenerative disc disease in my lower spine which leaves me in pain 24/7 and massively affects my mobility. I suffer from depression which I'm currently seeing a psychologist. I've had a meeting with a benefits advice centre where I live who helped me with the form. I can see on my NHS app that my GP has received a request to fill in the UC113 form. They left all of it blank and the only 2 recent appointments they included were for something relatively minor and an online form I was asked to fill in about my height and weight.

Is this normal for a GP to do?

Thanks for reading my rant/essay 😆
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #290674 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC113 form left blank by GP
Hi Berty981

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

I cannot answer your question as I have not seen a UC113, hopefully members on the forum may be able to give you more information.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Berty981

More
1 week 3 days ago #290678 by Berty981
Replied by Berty981 on topic UC113 form left blank by GP
It looks like it's the same as a ESA113 form. GP is asked to list any conditions or side effects from any medication that could affect my ability to work. They left this blank but ticked No on the boxes about violent behaviour or being unable to attend appointments. Also left blank the part about any difficulties.

If I wasn't worried about this process before, I definitely am now. I've had so many appointments with them. Feel completely let down.

More
1 week 3 days ago #290686 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic UC113 form left blank by GP
Hello Berty981, I can understand your concern, the GP not completing the form is not the most helpful thing which could happen. Is it possible to get a copy of your recent medical history from the GP? You could then submit this as additional evidence both of your condition and evidence that the GP has not fully completed the form.
Do you evidence of the other people you are seeing? Even it is just appointment letters? If so, I would also submit those as evidence of the truth of what you are saying.
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Berty981

More
1 week 2 days ago #290693 by Berty981
Replied by Berty981 on topic UC113 form left blank by GP
Hi Catherne. I submitted a letter written by my MS nurse explaining most of my problems and another from a neurosurgeon. The lady at the Benefits advice centre told me I had more than enough evidence. I just hope that my GP being unhelpful isn't going to affect my claim. I'm very new to any sort of disability claim so I'm a tad stressed 😅.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.