× Members

Mandatory reconsideration for carers allowances

More
1 week 6 days ago #290679 by Bubbles67
Good morning,

Please could someone advised me how to complete a mandatory reconsideration for carers allowance.

My 15 year old son won his award back at tribunal for middle rate care and low mobility it was backdated from 17.06.22 we won the tribunal on 26.02.24 and he will continuing receiving the DLA until 20.02.26
The DLA paid back all the backdated money.

Then I contacted Carers allowance and they advised me me that I will need to start the claim from the 17.06.22 when completing the form online and they will backdated from that date as my son as won his DLA ward.

I completed the form and sent it online, when the payment was sent to my bank account it was only backdated for 3 months, so I contacted carers allowance and asked why it has not been backdated from 17.06.22 when the claim came to an end due to My son award being ended by DLA. I also advised that my son won his DLA award back and DLA have paid the backdated money.
The carers allowance advised said that it is up to the discretion of the accessor and even though you received the backdated from DLA carers allowance operates a different system.
I asked for a mandatory reconsideration over a week ago and they have not sent it? I asked if an accessor can re-look into the claim to be backdated.
Please can you advised me if there is a template of a mandatory reconsideration letter on this forum I can access. I tried to click on someone of the links on this forum, but every time I try to open them they say I have to be a member which I am confused as I am a member on this forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #290687 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Mandatory reconsideration for carers allowances
Hello Bubbles67 - well done on getting your son his award!

In my mind there are two possibilities here. One is that when you spoke to the DWP online you told them what you believed was wrong and requested a MR. They will then have recorded what you said and passed it all to a decision maker for their consideration. If that has happened then you not likely to hear anything from them for a number of weeks, maybe even months.

It is also possible that when you spoke to them they registered the fact that you wished for an MR and they are now waiting for you to write a letter to them saying where you believe their decision is wrong and why. A MR does not have to be submitted via a form, and it is quite possible there is not one for Carer's.

Either way I would suggest that you give them a ring again and clarify the position. You will then know if you need to do something or just wait.

Hope that helps
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 2 days ago #290804 by Bubbles67
Replied by Bubbles67 on topic Mandatory reconsideration for carers allowances
Thank you very much for the information I will keep you updated.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.