× Members

Your PIP Review is Complete

More
4 months 1 week ago #291301 by AndyWalker13
Your PIP Review is Complete was created by AndyWalker13
Good Morning

Unbelievably, just after making contact with your good selves, this morning I get the following text message....

"Your PIP review is complete you should receive your decision letter in 2 weeks."

I know you must get so many asking about this standard text message and I did a search trying to find some information but came up short. Maybe somebody could answer my questions....

1. Does this mean an actual decision has been made (I have been on highest Daily Living/highest Mobility for 10 years) and I either stay on the same or a combination of both? Or does this mean the letter could say I have to attend an assessment?

2. If an assessment, do I have the right to a face to face rather than a telephone call (as clearly they cannot see your pain in a phone conversation and I could not hold a phone that long anyhow).

3. Once I receive this letter and depending on the result, how long would it be before they either changed the amount of my award or ceased any and all payments? This question is important as I am looking at making some significant financial decisions and this will certainly affect what I do going forward.

4. Is there an average on how long the appeal process takes, including if necessary going to a tribunal? i.e 1 year/18 months

I am sorry for these questions but like many on here, this has a huge impact on my decision making.
Thank you very much

Kind regards
Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #291325 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Your PIP Review is Complete
AW

This is a standard message.

1. As it says a Decision has been made and you should receive written confirmation within two weeks. No assessment is required.

2. Not applicable

3. Any change to your award will take effect immediately.

4. MRs are 8-12 weeks a Tribunal can take anything up to a year.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, Charlie

More
4 months 1 week ago #291347 by pomaus
Replied by pomaus on topic Your PIP Review is Complete
Although it is no consolation, prepare yourself for a long wait.
I had my Pip assessment over a month ago.
The same day I received a text to state that the report had been sent to the DWP, so I called and asked for the assessor's report.
I was actually surprised for I got it a couple of days later and scored very highly on all categories.
A couple of weeks later I got a text message to say that they had all the information they needed to process the review...
Assuming the DM agrees with the assessor's report, I had nothing to worry about.
Since then, Nothing, I have not had any information to say the review had been completed....
So I am sorry to say, be prepared for the waiting game.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary, Charlie

More
4 months 1 week ago #291410 by AndyWalker13
Replied by AndyWalker13 on topic Your PIP Review is Complete
Gordon
Thank you for your advice.

Well I learned at least there is no assessment although I had one 7 years ago and one 3 years prior to that. That alone is good news. I would however be staggered if they dropped me to nothing.
However, the interesting thing in what you said was "any change will take effect immediately." .... I received this text message yesterday (Tuesday) and today (Wednesday) I received my full PIP of £737.20. If the decision had been anything other than me remaining on the same award would they not have amended the amount or could it still change on next months payment?

Thanks once again Gordon

More
4 months 1 week ago #291413 by AndyWalker13
Replied by AndyWalker13 on topic Your PIP Review is Complete
Hi Pomaus

Not sure if this is meant to be directed at me as it does not seem to be applicable. If you look at what Gordon has said above the decision has already been made without me having to attend an assessment. Considering I was on the highest award for both daily living and mobility and have been for 10 years, I would be pretty shocked if they amended it to zero, especially as I have gotten worse over the years and am in my 60's. I will therefore take this as a result of some sort. If it is reduced then I will take further steps including a tribunal.

Good luck

More
4 months 1 week ago #291414 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Your PIP Review is Complete
Hi AndyWalker13

We cannot answer your question as it would depend from when the decision was made.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.