× Members

ESA income based onto UC

More
1 month 8 hours ago #291379 by george
ESA income based onto UC was created by george
Hi , was wondering when you are invited to apply for UC ?
( I have not yet been asked to apply for UC , I only receive ESA no housing benefit or child benefit or child tax or working tax at all )
Do you have a assessment of any kind when moving over to UC ? I am in the wrag group at present . I recently received sdp and think it is the case I will receive the top up for that, and the amount I receive for being in that group too , as my claim goes back before 2017 when they stopped the extra amount for being in wrag, hopefully I won't lose money when switching over at first anyway . Many thanks .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 hour ago #291417 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA income based onto UC
Hi george

when you are invited to apply for UC you should be placed in the LCW group, as your claim went back before 3rd April 2017 then you should continue to receive this element (£156.11pm).

I would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisaation; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: george

More
1 month 30 minutes ago #291418 by MrFibro
Replied by MrFibro on topic ESA income based onto UC
Hi late train when will the IRESA support group claimants be forced onto UC ? Whats the timetable ? is it geographical or postcode ?

Thanks

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #291420 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA income based onto UC
Hi MrFibro

It depends on what other benefits you receive with your ESA.

ESA (IR) with Child Tax Credits; July 2024

The Prime Minister’s welfare reform speech announced the acceleration of the Managed Migration of legacy ESA/ESA & HB cases to UniversalCredit. All migration notices will now be sent by the end of December 2025.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #291427 by george
Replied by george on topic ESA income based onto UC
Hi thank you for your reply , was wondering do people who are put over onto UC have a medical as if a whole new claim , I have been claiming for many years plus have daily amount on pip . Many thanks .

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #291444 by MrFibro
Replied by MrFibro on topic ESA income based onto UC
Hi Gary,

I get IRESA, and legacy benefit & HB and PIP no tax credits etc.
Hopefully there will be a crash and or a slowdown rolling this all out by end 2025. I would have reach state pension age then.

Thanks for replying back to me.
Regards

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.