× Members

PIP awarded for living allowance not mobility

More
3 weeks 19 hours ago #292198 by Gordon
S

I agree with BIS that the toilet is an aid but that does not mean that you cannot meet the "assistance" requirement for other reasons.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #292411 by Sana
Hi,
Just a quick one the living allowance was awarded enhanced rate. For the court appeal should I challenge the new assessors points and expect for the previous assessors points to be given back ? As I was happy with the original assessment points and only one part I need to elaborate that she said I need help only with washing under my arm whereas I explained how I get help with my entire body I can not move my right hand and left should has previous long term problem that restricts me to wash myself without support.
Other than that should I just challenge the mobility part and demand for same points of the first assessor to be given back?
Sorry this is my first time doing this I’m struggling so much right now just want to get this right .
I really appreciate your help thank you.

More
2 weeks 21 hours ago #292417 by BIS
Hi Sana

Try not to put pressure on yourself—I know that's easier said than done—but sometimes, however hard you try with this system, you won't get the outcome you're hoping for. I'm not trying to depress you, but that's the reality. You were unlucky to have your daily living downgraded when you challenged the mobility component, and that's unusual.

You will now have to challenge both parts in your appeal if you want the daily living to be restored to the first score and be awarded mobility. That's why I hope that you have got your PA4. You need to see what the assessor wrote on the original assessment report - which the decision maker must have agreed with, and then when you've put in an MR - they've reversed the daily living. I wouldn't advise you to just say you agree with what the original assessor says - without seeing a copy of the report.

Although you have to put in for an Appeal within one month of the date on the decision letter - and you have to say what you're appealing against - you are allowed to submit additional information up to two weeks before your Tribunal case takes place. So you can always challenge more later if you are not ready now. The important bit is to register online that you are appealing the decision.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.