× Members

Change of circumstances ESA

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #292027 by Sashtom79
Change of circumstances ESA was created by Sashtom79
Hi! I made a grave error sending off a letter to inform ESA that my diagnosis has changed from Bi polar to schizoaffective disorder. There was no need as I’m in support group, now that could change. I feel like an idiot. I included my psychiatrist letter saying that I could not work and my social worker saying that I’m moving into supported accommodation and lastly a letter saying that I’m severely deaf. Do you think this will help? I have only had paper based assessments in the past I think due to being deaf. Perhaps I’m wrong. I’m also an in patient in hospital and have been for the last five months does this make a difference to being called up for an assessment? Thank you for reading.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #292059 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Change of circumstances ESA
S79

The documents may help but there are no guarantees, all you can do is wait and see what happens.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #292119 by Boris1
Replied by Boris1 on topic Change of circumstances ESA
Hi
Did you inform dwp you have been in hospital for 5 months because this would be regarded as a change of circumstances and your money should have stopped after being in hospital for 4 weeks.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #292120 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Change of circumstances ESA
den1mon

That is the rule for PIP, not ESA.

ESA can continue in payment for 52 weeks before there are any reductions to payments.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris1

More
1 week 1 day ago #292580 by Sashtom79
Replied by Sashtom79 on topic Change of circumstances ESA
Yes I did thank you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.