× Members

Carers allowance and Contrib EESA

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292251 by Holysmoke
Carers allowance and Contrib EESA was created by Holysmoke
I am an EESA claimant and have long term health issues.
My partner has recently been awarded AA at the higher rate.
Will I be entitled to Carers allowance and will I lose some or all of my EESA please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292257 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Carers allowance and Contrib EESA
Hi Holysmoke

I do not know what you mean by EESA claimant, although in your heading it states contrib EESA. Your question is outside the remit of the forum but I will try and answer your question.

Carers Allowance is non-contributory. It counts in full as income for means-tested benefits. It is an overlapping benefit, an number of the non-means-tested benefits overlap. This means that you cannot usually receive more than one of them at the same time.

We would advise you to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #292307 by Robbie
Replied by Robbie on topic Carers allowance and Contrib EESA
EESA is the way that an ESA payment appears on bank statements. The additional "E" has no special meaning and in a Freedom Of Information reply back in 2013 following a submission made by the partner of a claimant asking what EESA meant, the DWP stated:

I can confirm that the EESA classification on your partner's bank statement does represent Employment Support Allowance (ESA). The additional 'E' is superfluous and does not mean anything. This was due to a misalignment of data during the final stages in the payment issuing process when payments of ESA by Automated Credit Transfer
were introduced.

The DWP intended to corect this error by 2015 but still haven't got around to do so!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.