× Members

Just had telephone assessment for PIP

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #292287 by Dellilah
Just had telephone assessment for PIP was created by Dellilah
Took 1hr and 42 minutes and I’m convinced I screwed it up. I had all the answers in my head but don’t think I explained myself properly as I was pretty much crying throughout. Oh well, mandatory reconsideration and then tribunal no doubt. Sigh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #292313 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Just had telephone assessment for PIP
Hi Dellilah,
Try not to worry about how well or badly the assessment went. To be frank, it is impossible to tell. (But I understand that you may feel the need to vent about this, and that's
perfectly ok!) Unfortunately even if you had done the 'perfect' assessment you could get zero points. Alternatively, performing 'badly' can be good evidence of disability, which the Assessor now gets to understand.
Give it another day or two and then phone DWP and ask for a copy of report called the PA4 form.
The Assessor shoukd have noted you were tearful and struggling to cope, if he doesn't, then it is likely there are other errors in the report. Try and group the criticisms into 4 or 5 bullet points, giving examples, and then write to DWP complaining that the report is unreliable. You will need to this very quickly before the decision arrives.
Otherwise, get the report now, await the decision and write a Mandatory Reconsideration Letter. Write a couple of paragraphs about your general health problems. Then incorporate the bullet point criticisms and examples. Thrn go through the descriptors in turn and explain which one applies, or if a different higher value should be scored in the same section.
Maybe also try and get more medical reports if you haven't already got these.
You can't change how you performed in the assessment but you can at least use the next few days to change the outcome.
Good luck.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , VIA, Dellilah, Boris1

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #292315 by Dellilah
Replied by Dellilah on topic Just had telephone assessment for PIP
Thank you, LL26. It was so draining - I didn’t feel like the assessor was horrible or anything, but she kept repeating questions, in order to - I think - fill in the tick boxes more easily. Problem is, none of us is the sum of tick boxes and our individual experiences differ.

I tried to record it but only have 3 separate recording blocks because I didn’t realise the recorder had stopped. So 42 mins missing.

When I played back the bits that had been recorded they made me cry again.

Anyway, everything is crossed although I’m fully expecting to have to do a MR and then tribunal.

Interestingly, I received a text approximately 45 mins after we’d finished saying the DWP now had my report. Do I still have to wait another day to request it?,
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292325 by The Dog Mother
Replied by The Dog Mother on topic Just had telephone assessment for PIP
I thought the same for mine. I got mine back at MR.
Tbh, I don't think it matters if we sat whistling a merry tune, collapsed on the floor, screamed, and cried throughout.. it is what it is.
I know many do get it without problems, and many don't. To try and guess will only drive you potty.You have,for now,done the hard bit. Take heart. Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, KABTT , Dellilah

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292352 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Just had telephone assessment for PIP
Hi Dellilah,
If DWP have the report then certainly phone them and ask for it.
At least you have a partial recording. This could be quite important.
Keep busy and try not to dwell too much on what has happened. More to the point, remember it is nothing personal, this all happens to too many people.
Hang on in there.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Dellilah

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.