× Members

PIP Renewal & Motability

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292331 by SidneyC
PIP Renewal & Motability was created by SidneyC
Hi,

I returned my PIP renewal last November (2023), I still have not had a decision. I have been on DLA & PIP for about 10+years & my DLA award was indefinite . This changed when I was moved over to PIP and had to renew at 3years. I receive the high rate mobility & have a Motability car. My 3 year Motability contract runs out this Aug, I would normally have to have ordered the new vehicle by now, but obviously I can't without knowing the outcome of my renewal.

As time is going on, I'm now getting very anxious about what will happen if I don't hear back from them soon. Will I lose the car? I'm not in a financial position to buy a replacement. And obviously don't have money to waste to put the upfront payment down now to get one on order to then find out they reduce my mobility element. Without a vehicle I'll not be able to get to work.

Can / will Motability take the car back when the 3year lease / contract runs out? What do I / can I do? All so incredibly stressful & makes me feel very ill!!

Hoping for some advice - thank you :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292337 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic PIP Renewal & Motability
Hello Sidney,
Sorry to hear about the stressful period you are going through. This is not a problem I have met before, although it must happen reasonably often so hopefully there will be some first hand experience shared with you soon.

I went to the Motability site and found this under the FAQ's

'I have six months left on my allowance, but my lease ends soon. What can I do?

You no longer need to have at least 12 months left on your allowance to apply for your next vehicle.

If you have less than 12 months left and would like your new award confirmed before you apply, we might be able to extend your current lease.

If you get a new vehicle and your allowance is not renewed or extended, please contact us. You do not need to keep paying for your lease but you might need to give your vehicle back.'

Subject to someone coming back and saying something else, I think the best thing you can do is to give Motability a ring and explain the situation to you. I am quite sure that they will not leave you without a car whilst you are still in receipt of the Enhanced Rate of mobility. I have rung them about other things, and always found them to be very approachable.

Hopefully this has helped a little.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.