× Members

Pip telephone consultation chaperone

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #292382 by SherryChloeMum
Pip telephone consultation chaperone was created by SherryChloeMum
Hi, ive just had a text confirming a telephone appt for next monday, I'm petrified of being on the phone for so long as i have social phobia, anxiety and panic disorder, poor grip, osteoarthritis, mobility issues tendonitis of the hands and shoulders.all lingstanding and eatablished. I don't have any friends to ask sit with me and take over the call if needed with me beside them in handsfree. Who can i ask to be with me for the call as i would need to ask for it to be recorded aswell.
Do you think my pshyotherapist would help? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #292390 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip telephone consultation chaperone
Hi SherryChloeMum

I'm sorry you don't have anyone to support you. It is hard if you don't have any family or close friends. I'm assuming you also don't have a trusting neighbour you could ask.

I don't know your physiotherapist - but I would think it is highly unlikely they would help as it is not their role to get involved in benefits. However, I can't speak for them - so you would need to ask. I can't think of any service that you could call upon at such short notice and it sounds like you wouldn't cope with a stranger anyway.

I don't know whether any of our members have a suggestion for you.

You can ask the assessor when the call starts to record it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: SherryChloeMum

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #292392 by K
Replied by K on topic Pip telephone consultation chaperone
I had a volunteer from Citizens Advice accompany me to a face to face PIP assessment a few years ago. They might be worth a try.
I’ve thought about what I’d do now (I don’t have close family or friends I can ask either) and have considered contacting my local councillor as she has helped with a couple of different issues before or the local church. My other option would be to contact my GP and ask to be re-referred to the social prescriber as I think they would be able to be with me.
Hope this gives you some ideas and you get through the assessment ok

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #292397 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Pip telephone consultation chaperone
Hello SherryChloeMum,

Whether you have to manage the assessment by yourself or with support, tell the assessor your concerns at the very start and explain that you might need to take breaks. And then take them if you need to!

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.