× Members

No supporting evidence

More
3 months 1 week ago #292617 by terdun9
No supporting evidence was created by terdun9
Hi Gary im so sorry to say i have been on UC since my husband retired and they Have taken the pips into account i love to show you all the paperwork I have from fighting this for so long,
They say What you're entitled to
Standard allowance

£617.60

You get a standard amount each month. You said you're in a couple
Housing

£512.37
Need help understanding your housing?

You said per month the total rent for your property is £512.37.

We can pay your landlord £421.04 towards your housing.
Carer

£198.31

You said that J D is caring for someone.

You said that T D is caring for someone.
Limited capability for work and work-related activity

£416.19

You said your health affects you at work or prevents you from working
Total entitlement before deductions

£1,744.47
What we take off (deductions)
Other benefits

We take money off your payment
As this is an average of other benefits that you're continuing to claim
J D

Carer's Allowance minus ‑ £354.90
T D

State Pension minus ‑ £958.53
Money, savings and investments

minus ‑ £0.00

We have taken £0.00 off your Universal Credit payment because you have money, savings and investments of £0.00.

You must tell us if this changes so that we can pay you the correct amount on time.

The first £6,000 of your money, savings and investments does not affect your payment. If you have over £6,000 up to £16,000, every £250 reduces your Universal Credit by £4.35. For any remaining amount that is not a complete £250, a further £4.35 is also deducted.
Debts and loan repayments

Other DWP benefits recovery minus ‑ £10.00

Read more information about Universal Credit payments, including who to contact on the GOV.UK website. Search for 'find out about money taken off your Universal Credit payments'.
Payment to your landlord

minus ‑ £421.04
We currently pay this to your landlord towards your rent.
Warning This payment will not cover all of your housing costs.
Total deductions

minus ‑ £1,744.47
So this is wrong your saying I tried to get to the bottom of this for a while now? But seems we just live off Hubby's State pension and my care allowance.
When as before my husband could claim for me on his ESA . and he also could claim careers for me as well this stopped as soon as he became a pensioner it seems so very wrong don't you think

sorry to hijack your post Vevlet im just answering Gary on here even more confused then ever

To Much Pain Will Kill Y ou In The End

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #292619 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic No supporting evidence
Hi terdun9

I've moved your post to its own topic, we ask members not to post their questions in other member's topics as it can lead to the wrong advice being given or taken.

In regards to your post; there is nothing within your post that states PIP has been adversly taken into account when calculating other benefits.

As I have previously stated PIP is ignored for benefits and tax. Some claimants who receive PIP D/L can get additional premiums such as SDP and EDP.

PIP is non-contributory. It is paid on top of all other benefits apart from DLA, AA, CAA and is ignored as income.

If you receive Carers Allowance, that is taken into account £ for £ for means tested benefits.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.