× Members

Glaucoma

More
6 days 5 hours ago #292729 by john
Glaucoma was created by john
Hello
I read on line the orther day if you have any eye conditions that you could get pip i have Glaucoma i take eye drops 3 times a day
would be me worth putting in claim for this can any help me please john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 days 5 hours ago #292730 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Glaucoma
Hi John

Whether a claimant is awarded PIP depends not so much on the condition itself as on how that condition affects their daily living and/or immobility against the specific PIP criteria. It is possible for two people to have been diagnosed with the same condition, and one person can be awarded PIP and another refused.

So, although I can tell you that people with Glaucoma have been awarded PIP, I can't tell you whether or not it is worth you putting in a claim. I would have a look at our Guide to PIP Claims and the different questions and see the impact of your sight difficulties on the criteria laid out. There are sample answers, and you may find things you have not even thought of. Even though the answers are not specific to your condition, you will find plenty of relevant answers that you can base your own answers.

In my view, the guide will give you a better idea of whether you want to apply than just filling out one of the online quizzes available.

benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 days 25 minutes ago #292738 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Glaucoma
John, I think you need a certificate of vision or something like that. I’ve had recent eye surgery that didn’t go according to plan. During my assessment they asked about the certificate, but I hadn’t got one & I didn’t get any points for it. Although in time it’s expected to improve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS, Gary

More
5 days 19 hours ago #292744 by Mr B
Replied by Mr B on topic Glaucoma
Hi John and Bud

I think Bud is referring to a certificate of vision impairment (CVI). If you had such a certificate it would NOT guarantee that you would be awarded PIP, conversely if you did NOT have such a certificate this does not necessarily mean that you couldn't be awarded PIP. If you did have a CVI though you could submit a copy of that as supporting medical evidence as that MAY help when you apply for PIP.. The basic position is exactly as BIS has described, it is the IMPACT that any health condition has on your ability to carry out certain tasks specified by law that may result in a PIP award and not simply being awarded PIP because you have that health condition itself.

In brief - because of the hour I'm typing this - I am registered sight impaired (previously called registered partially sighted) and have been so for over 40 years. I do receive PIP, primarily - though not exclusively - because of the impact my visual impairment has on my ability to carry out the specified tasks. Some of the procedures etc for registration and certificates of vision impairment have changed over the years. To find out what the current procedures are please click on the following link

www.rnib.org.uk/your-eyes/navigating-sig...g-as-sight-impaired/

I hope this helps in some way.

Kind regards

Mr B
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, BIS

More
3 days 9 hours ago #292757 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Glaucoma
Thanks MrB.

John, have a look at your eye test. There’s stuff online telling you how to read it. Send it to them anyway.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr B

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.