× Members

Three telephone assessments yet no decision

More
3 months 3 days ago #292789 by circusmaximus
Three telephone assessments yet no decision was created by circusmaximus
Hi everyone, I am feeling sick and deperate. Following three mini strokes last Autumn and reporting these to my work coach and UC journal I have been reassessed for both Work Capability and for PIP. Both Atos and Capita have made and cancelled appointments, but both have now been done. However Capita assessed me by phone in May but have written with an appointment for another call to do with my PIP. This seems unfair, excessive and downright fishy. I also think it may be unlawful because they are clearly seeking to repeat questions to find minor variations of information about my conditions so as to use semantics to negate well documented, permanent conditions. Can they do this? Are there any limitations on this seemingly open ended reviewing. I suffer from depression and have Aspergers Syndrome which cause me real problems with what seems like targeted bullying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 days ago #292790 by BIS
Hi Circusmaximus

I'm sorry this situation is so distressing to you, and I'm sorry that I may be about to add to your stress as I am not entirely clear about what has happened.

In your post, you say that you have been reassessed for UC and PIP, but it's unclear when these assessments took place or what the outcomes were. The title of your post implies that you have not had any decision letters from these assessments - is that correct?

You said that Capita assessed you by phone in May (but you don't say what this was for), but now you have written about an appointment for PIP. You say this is unfair, but it's not clear what happened in May or whether this is a follow-up appointment (which occasionally happens).

Unfortunately, any claimant can be assessed and reassessed at any time, so it is unlikely they are doing anything unlawful. It's hard to advise when I'm not entirely sure what's happened. Does the letter you received about your PIP give any reason for this appointment?

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.