× Members

Awarded enhanced mobility and standard living needs

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293040 by Hazel
I posted elsewhere about how to get a copy of the report after the phone assessment. My phone assessment was last week and I've already had a letter awarding enhanced mobility and standard living needs - for four years. So I assume I'll have to go through it all again in four years time (by which time I'll be 70!). I had already asked for the copy of the report after the phone assessment so I suppose it's useful to have anyway!

So good news and I'm surprised it came so quickly especially as my GP hadn't got round to sending the letter I'd asked her to do.

I did send quite a bit of historical evidence after requesting medical evidence from the NHS (can't remember what it's called but a kind of subject access report type thing). This didn't include everything but I had had a few A&E visits after falls so had the notes from those which seemed to have helped as the A&E notes listed my other conditions and assessed me as "vulnerable". And noted that I used a wheelchair.

If that helps anyone getting evidence.

I'm slightly shell shocked. I can now get a blue badge at last. It's hellish going for hospital apartments and negotiating a huge car park being pushed in a wheelchair. I was intending to use the mobility payment for leasing a mobility scooter and hoist but there's no info about motability in with the letter. However I assume I will need to be assessed again in four years time.

It said it was a short award in case I improved or got worse.

There was quite a lot of info in the letter about how the decision was made - some of which I didn't agree with - it said I could eat a meal using normal cutlery when I said I could only use a fork. It also commented that I engaged well with the interviewer so didn't have any issues planning journeys (not the same thing at all!). And various other things as to how they reached the decision.

But I'm happy to have received the enhanced mobility allowance and the standard living needs allowance.

This site is confidential isn't it by the way? I noticed the news page/blog comments had been posted on Twitter recently.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293066 by Gary
Hi Hazel

The web site is open to the world, which is why posts are moderated and we ask members not to use their email address as their user name.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293068 by Hazel
Thanks. Could I have that post removed then please and I'll repost differently.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293092 by BIS
Hi Hazel

I'm not sure which post you're referring to. The one attached to this post doesn't have any identifying information.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.