× Members

Post assessment anxiety!

More
2 months 4 hours ago #293178 by Sheila Power
Post assessment anxiety! was created by Sheila Power
Hi I recently had a telephone assessment and did as advised on here and had it recorded but find myself consumed with anxiety now, which is strange because I didn’t feel this way prior to the assessment. I have 3 questions

1. is this anxiety experienced by others and the norm
2. do the assessors score just from the assessment on the phone or do they also go by the form as I’m worried that I didn’t cover everything on the form and a combination of the way the questions were asked and brain freeze and fog meant I probably didn’t clarify everything.
3. I was asked how long I can walk for before I can’t continue as opposed to how far I ticked it varies on form but said 5-10mins at assessment and am worried I may have overestimated my abilities.
Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #293206 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Post assessment anxiety!
Hi Dotty

1. Yes, anxiety is normal because you start thinking of all the things you think you should or shouldn't have said.

2. They score based on a combination of the telephone assessment, what you wrote on your form and any additional evidence you sent in.

3. Try not to worry about it. Most people do overestimate their abilities, mostly because we don't walk around with a tape measure. There's nothing you can do to change any of your answers - so try to put it out of your mind.

Have you rang for a copy of the assessor's report? It's called a PA4 and it should take 7 - 10 days to arrive after you request it from the DWP.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #293231 by Sheila Power
Replied by Sheila Power on topic Post assessment anxiety!
Thanks I’m glad to know I’m normal! I think I need to request the PA4 to get my answers, just hope I didn’t mess it up, I was prepared for the distance questions but not for the timings.
Thanks again
😊

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #293266 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Post assessment anxiety!
Hi Dotty, I do sympathise.
With many assessors you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. After years of advice for our adult child, and from a friend who knows me well, I made sure not to overestimate my walking. But I have simply been disbelieved that the moment I stand up I am in pain, which continues on moving, so according to me it is not to an acceptable standard and I should get a higher rate mob award, But oh no, four measly points...Good wishes, get your PA4 ASAP, and do not let them grind you down!
Denby

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #293307 by Sheila Power
Replied by Sheila Power on topic Post assessment anxiety!
Thanks, I requested it today, I just didn’t expect the walking time questions and now am sure I overestimated it, all I know is I need to stop frequently as in too much pain, I did say I need to walk slowly as well so not sure if they make an estimate as to how far you can walk at a slow pace in the time I gave.
Looking at the descriptors I now think I’ll score either 0 or 4 like you and right now after the stress of it all I don’t feel I have the energy to go for MR or appeal, but then again that’s what they rely on isn’t it!

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #293310 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Post assessment anxiety!
Hi Dotty,
Hang on in there!
It is easy to overthink these things. It's kind of like an exam where the goal posts constantly move! I'm sure you said the right thing. The real question is actually whether DWP listened or wrote down exactly what you said! We all know 2+2 =4, but who knows what DWP might decide!
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila Power

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.