× Members

Requesting Supporting Evidence From My GP

More
2 months 1 week ago #293384 by paul
I have recently had the result of my PIP review. I was surprised because I had zero points for two of the descriptors. I strongly disagree because I think these descriptors apply to me. I am aware that it would help if I could get some back up information and opinion from my GP. I have never done this before and am not sure how to go about it. Do I just need to write a letter saying why the descriptors apply to me? I think I would rather take it in person to my GP to save time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #293398 by BIS
Hi Paul

If you want a supporting letter from your GP, then I would speak to them face to face. Before you go and see them, jot down what it is that you want them to say or the information you want to provide. Some GPs are very helpful, and others are less so. Remember the GP can only confirm information from your notes and what they observe - they generally will have no clue how you manage or don't manage at home.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 1 week ago #293433 by Robbie
Replied by Robbie on topic Requesting Supporting Evidence From My GP
Were you awarded PIP and will scoring the points you think you should have had on the 2 descriptors make a difference to your PIP claim? If you are getting PIP at, for example the standard rate daily living and think you should have scored points that may increase your award to, for example, the enhanced rate of daily living, you need to be aware that the whole of your claim can be looked at again if you ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration. You need to be sure that if you do have an award of PIP then the points you have scored are safe. If you already are on, for example the enhanced rate of daily living and the two descriptors are part of the daily living descriptors then you can't get a higher daily living component payment and will need to consider whether it is worth asking for a MR on the two descriptors on which you didn't score.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid