× Members

Query on PIP points

More
1 month 1 week ago #293677 by Bud
Query on PIP points was created by Bud
Hello,

Could someone please tell me do these points still exist for Planning & Following Journeys?

B. Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 4 points.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #293689 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Query on PIP points
Hi Bud

Yes, it does:

1a. Can plan and follow the route of a journey unaided. 0 points.
1b. Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological
distress to the claimant. 4 points.
1c. Cannot plan the route of a journey. 8 points.
1d. Cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or
orientation aid. 10 points.
1e. Cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress to
the claimant. 10 points.
1f. Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an
orientation aid. 12 points.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
1 month 1 week ago #293691 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Query on PIP points
Thanks BIS.

As I suspected they lied.

A decision maker from DWP told me that it doesn’t.

A case manager from DWP also told me that points for engaging with other people face to face no longer exists either.

More
1 month 1 week ago #293695 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Query on PIP points
Hi Bud

As far as I am aware it still exists;

One of the activities that gets scored is your ability to engage with other people face-to-face. This is PIP activity number 9.

There are three ways that you can score points under this activity.

You score two points if you need someone to prompt you in order to engage with other people face-to-face. Prompting includes reminding you of things, encouraging you or explaining things to you, (Descriptor b)

You score four points if you need social support from someone who is trained or experienced in helping people to engage in social situations. This could be a worker, or it could be a family member or friend. (Descriptor c)

You score eight points if you cannot engage with other people because doing so would cause you overwhelming psychological distress; or because it would make you to behave in a way that would cause in a substantial risk of harm to you or to someone else. (Descriptor d)

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
1 month 1 week ago #293699 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Query on PIP points
Thanks Gary.

I lost those points on my last assessment, & I’d always previously got them.

My reason for checking this out is because I had THE call a few days ago from DWP. I’m all ready to go to the tribunal & they called & offered me my enhanced DL back. But no mobility. Not that I had mobility before.

I asked them if I took it would I be able to go back to the tribunal for the mobility. They said that I would. Is this true? It’s difficult to know what to believe when you catch them out telling lies.

Of course I’m delighted about getting my enhanced award back. But I can’t help thinking that they only offered me that to stop me from going to the tribunal & getting that, & the mobility.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anji

More
1 month 1 week ago #293701 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Query on PIP points
Hi Bud

You can accept their offer and restart your appeal for the mobility component.

We would always warn claimants that the tribunal can look at both components and you might loose what you have already been awarded.

Our advice would be to check that you fit the criteria for the mobility component and you have supporting evidence. if you have then go for it, make sure you state on the appeal form that you are not appealing the Daily Living component only appealing the mobility component and then state why.

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, Wendy Barnard, Anji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.