× Members

Nervousness around claiming for PIP as an adult with ADHD

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293849 by Kaz
I’ve been diagnosed with Asperger’s recently at age 65 yrs and struggled my life. I got awarded low on both but didn’t get across my difficulties very well as I struggle speaking to people. I wasn’t awarded any points for communication but my report from clinician pointed out that I very much struggle and need someone to help support me. Same was with with forms clinician said I needed help etc.. said my asd scored very high but over years I learnt strategies and learnt to mask which mainly was avoidance. Also can’t walk down to shops because I can’t pass people without someone with me. I have just one friend who supports me. Not sure they looked at report as that was long. But only missed out on a few points in both areas. What can I do, I have asked for a MR and enclosed and highlighted documents. Do they go on that type of medical evidence. It was my fault I didn’t point things out but I cannot communicate well on phone or in person. I don’t go to Docs very often as try to self medicate which is why it all takes so long. I for example also have a skin condition which was diagnosed firstly as pmle and next appt was treatment, my friend came in with me but instead it was a second consultation who said I had solar urticaria but when I got the letter they said it was heat hives as I apparently get them in any heat which I don’t but I don’t get things across. That’s another reason why I can’t go out as I get painful blisters and get too hot because I have to wear uv clothes and creams. Just hard to get people to understand. Any help please ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293852 by BIS
Hi Kaz

I have moved your post. We ask people not to ask questions about their own cases in someone else's post as this can become confusing, and someone may miss out on vital information.

At this stage, there is very little I can say. You have already asked for an MR and sent them additional information, which was the right thing to do. There's nothing more for you to do at this stage.

I can't comment on whether you will be successful. As you have already found out, the DWP or assessors don't always read things through or even understand them. So, I'm afraid you will have to wait for their response. I hope that you receive a positive outcome.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid