× Members

DWP says i didn't inform them about my pension

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293963 by Maher
Hi I apologise if this is repeating myself but not sure if is loading as a question last night. I can't find under unread, as i know you're not open yet.
I only read top line which stated they'd looked at my ESA and no changes. But later in the letter , saying i didn't inform DWP about rise £4 in pension.
I'm on non means tested legacy ESA and I've never had to tell them before
And of course i'm late with the letter which say's 4 weeks
They have been paying me though ?
I do have a big social media account on twitter, and our work through Wow petition/campaign assess impact all cuts disability support. We got two hearings HOC
And now fighting Green Paper
help and advice please
Michelle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293975 by Gary
Hi Maher

I answered your previous question; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-...gacy-benefits#293953 although this post has a bit more substance.

Depending on how much pension you receive, there is an £85/week disregard followed by a £1/week deduction for every £2 in excess of the £85, but you do need to report any change in your pension, even if you believe they are wrong, once it has been corrected make another report.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #294002 by boris1
Hi you always have to notify them of a change regarding a rise in pension as long as you are receiving contribution based legacy esa.
I have had to do this every year and last year they sent me a derogatory letter saying I hadn't informed them, even though I had.
Shortly after that they sent me a reassessment form (they had left me alone for around ten years)
I don't know whether it was sheer coincidence or whether them making out I didn't inform them of a change of circumstances but I had to go through a telephone assessment.
What a right polava and worry but following the assessment I remained in the support group.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid