× Members

Received PIP for 7 years and lockdown telephone assess 6 months early and refuse

More
1 week 4 days ago #294641 by Carla
Please help me.

Hi everyone, I need help because I have many mental health problems Inc borderline personalities disorder, bipolar, complex PTSD, generalised anxiety disorder, clinical depression and in 2013 a tribunal awarded me standard care and standard mobility and then 2017 after having a assessment at home due to inability to go to assessment centre and my claim continued with the same rates. My health problems got way worse a few years after when my 2 year old daughter was removed by social services, a lot due to my mental health and not being able to care for her properly so I report to pip and ask for a reassessment as i only needed 1 more point to get enhanced care rate. The answer was that my rates were to remain the same so I asked for a tribunal and that was in either 2019 or 2020 and they upheld the decision to stay the same.

My next assessment I was told was due in October 2020. Suddenly in lockdown I had a lot of the blue unplanned telephone consultation in May 2020 so was 6 month's early and this was terrible. The woman sounded as if she had no idea what I was on about. She sounded like she was reading a script. She wrote thing's in ways that could be viewed differently and I struggle to open up about my health. After 7 years of getting PIP where 2 tribunals agree the award, I was completely taken off PIP altogether. That affected my esa hugely as my severe disability premium was removed.

I never tried fighting it. I gave up and became suicidal. It's taken till now to make a new claim.

Is there anything I can do now about the removal of my pip as i mentally couldn't do anything untill now.

Please help! !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #294664 by BIS
Hi Carla

I'm sorry you found yourself in such a position. Unfortunately, you cannot appeal the removal of your PIP after all this time. You can only challenge the decision up to a year after it was made, and you are well outside that time frame.

As hard as it is, I would use your energy to put in your new claim.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 days 4 hours ago #294813 by Carla
Thought as much but wanted to make sure.

Also I received a text message with a telephone assessment booked for beginning of October which I struggle with and always had a assessor come to my home and do it face to face.

Can u ask for a change?

More
6 days 4 hours ago #294815 by Gary
Hi Carla

You can always ask and explain why you need a home visit.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid