× Members

PIP Review

More
1 month 3 days ago #294655 by UC:
PIP Review was created by UC:
Hi
My PIP entitlement was awarded until May 2025.

I received my PIP review form on Saturday 14th September, which needs to be returned by 07th October.

My initial application was a migration from DLA (Indefinite Award) to PIP in May 2022.

I submitted 20 pages of medical evidence to support my application, which I am convinced helped!

Much of the evidence clearly demonstrated that aspects of my condition were lifelong, degenerative and incurable, which kind of frustrated me with an award of three years.

This means that, for my Review submission, there is little 'new' supporting evidence, apart from major orthopaedic surgery to my right hand, right forefinger joint replacement and fusion of little finger.

I will include such evidence with my completed Review Form.

How would a moderator advise that I approach this?

Would it be OK to resubmit previous evidence of conditions or if not, reference it in my 'Additional Information' sheet?

I want to make sure that I have got my Review submission right!

Thank you in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 days ago #294658 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Review
Hi UC

I would have a look at the Guide to PIP Claims and Reviews. The review information is from page 128 onwards. benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

I'm afraid many people with lifelong conditions are still only being awarded short award lengths. The DWP has deliberately shortened them. In the section, whether they ask if there is anything else you want to mention - I would include a reminder that your conditions are degenerative and incurable and, therefore, they are not going to improve, and you would like them to consider increasing the award length. You have nothing to lose, and it won't be held against you for asking.

Many people don't have any new evidence. In your answers, make sure to refer to the evidence they already have.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 2 days ago #294682 by UC:
Replied by UC: on topic PIP Review
Thank you for your swift response BIS!
Much appreciated and I will certainly act upon your advice!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.