× Members

Home visits/telephone appointments for UC

More
5 days 11 minutes ago #296016 by Jennilee21
Replied by Jennilee21 on topic Home visits/telephone appointments for UC
So far they are simply insisting on attendance:-

"As previously stated we are required to have some appointments in the job centre so you are required to attend, failure to do so may result in your benefit being reduced. Going forward we may be able to look at alternative ways to conduct appointments."

So I'm really not sure whether this is the correct benefit as it seems not to allow any accommodations for people who are housebound (there must surely be others?)
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 days 22 hours ago #296017 by David
Replied by David on topic Home visits/telephone appointments for UC
Hi Jennilee21,

Have you had a reply from the manager Jackie Mcnab?
You need to reply to the person who sent you the " As previously stated " message and ask if your complaint has been forwarded to the District Manager Jackie. It sounds as if the person, probably a Work Coach who is making the mistakes is also dealing with the complaint at the moment.

David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 days 20 hours ago #296028 by Jennilee21
No reply from her as yet. Plus I notice that a section about sanctions has been added to the to do list. And from that it sounds as though they just dig their heels in.

I'll definitely follow your advice though. Thanks again.

More
4 days 20 hours ago #296030 by David
Hi Jennilee21,

I have located the manager Jackie's Jobcentre email so I would send her your complaint direct.
Durham and Tees Valley Jackie McNab This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

It sounds as if your Work Coach is being obstructive.

David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Jennilee21

More
2 days 20 hours ago #296119 by Jennilee21
Many thanks, David. I've not yet done this but will do should all else fail (as I suspect it might). In the meantime the JC+ have said that:

1. We did not submit a fit note at the start of the application. (We did!)
2. We did not specify any health condition either. (We did, plus I explained over the phone to a coach talking about "committments" and then their recommended nurse physiotherapist, who couldn't help anyway).
3. Nothing we write in the health questionnaire will bear on this yet as that's a different department.
4. We now need another, more specific fit note detailing the mobility issues (which I've requested, although I'm not sure how detailed our busy GP will be).

All of this makes me wonder whether its usual for them to make assumptions about ability to work without asking for or waiting for details and then imposing sanctions, even though the questionnaire will undoubtedly give them all the info they require. Is the UC process really fit for all claimants, including those with long term conditions or disabilities, especially those affecting the ability to attend the JC offices in person?

Sigh... Will report back once I get their response to the new, revised fit note.

More
2 days 18 hours ago #296125 by David
Hi Jennilee21,

I would agree that the DWP is not fit for purpose at present as you can see in my reply this afternoon to another member.
"Your experiences of confusion will resonate with a lot of members.
This whole Migration process is being rushed through because of cost cutting by the previous Tory government. ESA migration had not been planned originally until 2028. The new Labour government has inherited the situation mid stream. The following is from a CPAG report ......"The DWP has described its approach to the roll out of UC, including managed migration, as a ‘test and learn’ approach, whereby ongoing testing is carried out to identify problems as they arise so they can be fixed quickly and before larger numbers are affected."
So what they are saying is that they are learning from the mistakes being made with yourself so that they can be more efficient in the future."

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid