× Members

Home visits/telephone appointments for UC

More
1 week 2 days ago #295852 by Jennilee21
Home visits/telephone appointments for UC was created by Jennilee21
I'm applying for UC on behalf of someone else and will be applying for appointeeship. In the meantime though, and in spite of the explained difficulties with nerve pain and mobility (which have been worsened recently from an attempt to get to an outpatient appointment), the JC+ are insisting that, "Unfortunately you are required to attend this appointment" and "The appointment is in the jobcentre. We can look to do a variety of appointment types going forward but this one is face to face".
It's very likely that being forced to attend will cause further weeks of joint and nerve misalignment and associated pain (hypermobility).
Is this the usual practice for people with mobility issues? I'm not sure it's worth it. 🙁
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 2 days ago #295853 by David
Replied by David on topic Home visits/telephone appointments for UC
Hi Jennilee21,

I think in this instance as travelling to the Jobcentre is going to aggravate your health condition you have reason to make a complaint to a DWP manager. If you tell me the county in which you reside I can find the name of the local manager. You can then make a complaint through your UC Journal.

David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Jennilee21

More
6 days 17 hours ago #295924 by Jennilee21
Replied by Jennilee21 on topic Home visits/telephone appointments for UC
I'm in County Durham.

More
6 days 16 hours ago #295926 by David
Hi Jennilee21,

The Jobcentreplus manager for Durham and Tees Valley is Jackie McNab.
If you type out your complaint as you explained to me, in your UC Journal and make it for the attention of Jackie McNab, District Manager. Then choose from the drop down list to send it to Work Coach. Make sure you have copied the message so that it can be pasted. Then paste the complaint in a new Journal message also to Jackie McNab and this time choose from the drop down list to send it to Service Issue.
The reason for sending it twice is that the Work Coach who made the mistake in the first place may just decide to conveniently lose/ forget your complaint !!

David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 days 22 hours ago #295956 by Jennilee21
Replied by Jennilee21 on topic Home visits/telephone appointments for UC
Thank you so much for this detailed advice, David. Much appreciated!

More
5 days 22 hours ago #295958 by David
Hi Jennilee21,

Hope you get a result.

David

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.